Grandstream GXP2000 Distinctive Ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tim, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim

tim

Hi

Has anyone managed to get the Grandstream GXP2000 to use a custom or different ring tone to the system one....?

I have setup Line 1 and Line 2 to separately login to 3CX for different incomming SIP lines.

I have managed to DID the company associated with the SIP line 2, but it would be great to be able to use a different ring tone.

Many Thanks

Tim Legg

2. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Tim, yes you should be able to select a different ring tone in each account, System ring tone and then there are 3 Custom ring tones to select from.

If you want to make your own ringtone (which has to be quite short) you need the Ring tone generator tool from Gransdstream support page. Basically you use a wav file and using the ring tone generator convert it to a *.bin file. Depending which custom ring number (1,2,or3) you wish to use, you rename the bin file to lets say ring3.bin. and then place that file in the binary files which should then be uploded into the GXP2000. See the read me file with the tool. If you select Custom Ring tone 3 in an account it should ring your new ring tone.

I use the windows 'notify.wav' file which sounds great on a GXP2000.

Phil

3. SWB

SWB New Member

I got it to work as well. The quality wasn't that good, but that's because of the format the file has to be in. Make sure you have that correct as it is very particular I found. Must be saved as PCM 8 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono as outlined in the notes.txt. I used Sound Recorded in Windows>Accessories to convert to that (Choose Save As, then click the Change button at the bottom of the Window for the Format.

On a side note since you have 2 lines successfully configured is it possible to assign incoming DID lines to each line? Currently all my incoming lines ring Line 1.

4. tim

tim

Hi Both

Thanks for your posts.

I will give your try out your suggestions / information.

I notice that the system ring tone is a particular string of characters, does anyone know whether these can be modified to create a dirrecnt ring, possibly an 'internal' type ring or other.....?

Cheers

5. tim

tim

Yes, I managed to do this. The second line is for a different company, so as well as the company name appearing via the DID, the line 2 flashes also. This in turn allows the customer to ring out using the correct company line also.

Tim

6. SWB

SWB New Member

May I ask what was your approach in configuring this? My situation is similar to your with 2 companies. On the old phones if line 1 rang than the person knew it was for Company A and could answer as Company A. If line 2 rang then would answer as Company B. It would be nice to configure a similar environment with the GXP2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.