Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

GrandStream GXP2000 Firmware 1.1.6.44

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DeeLondon, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeLondon

I was wondering if there are any known problems with using Sipgate and the GXP 2000 when used with firmware 1.1.6.44 ?

I no longer seem to be able to register with Sipgate since going from 1.1.6.16 to 1.1.6.44

Is there a way to roll back?

or I see there is a new Beta firmware from Grandstream Firmware Version 1.1.6.46

http://www.grandstream.com/BETATEST/BT200_GXP/

Anyone kow if this one works better?

Product Model: GXP2000 (HW1.1A)
    Part Number: N/A
    Software Version: Program-- 1.1.6.44 Bootloader-- 1.1.6.6

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

3CX only supports up to Firmware Program-- 1.1.6.37 Bootloader-- 1.1.6.6

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ndl

ndl

Is there a reason for only supporting up to Firmware Program-- 1.1.6.37?

Does 1.1.6.44 not work?

4. scottyork

Just doing some trouble-shooting. Can anyone let me know where to get the supported 1.1.6.37 firmware? It no longer seems to be available from Grandstream.

Grandstream seem to have removed the 2000 firmware file from 1.1.6.37 pretty quickly and moved on to 1.1.6.44 which was allegedly buggy.

I'm running 1.1.6.46 which is as close to 1.1.6.37 as I can presently get.

5. gdewey

scott why u want to use that firmware in particular? Just curios because we have about 30 GXP2000 under 1.1.6.6 and they seem to work right. our only problem now is with remote phone over ipsec.. but on the lan the bootloader works fine.

6. scottyork

Hi Gdewey

We get delays in calls sometimes - particuarly after transferring a call using Grandstream hardware buttons. Wanted to rule out unsupported firmware issues - but rather hard to comply with the supported firmware unless I can find it somewhere!

Are you quoting the bootloader or the firmware version? I don't recall seeing a 1.1.6.6 firmware version - might be wrong - there are two sets of numbers quoted on the webconfig and in the status page on the phone's menu display - "Program" is the main firmware version.

7. gdewey

Not sure that the new version of firmware/program/bootloader would make the delay. I being using this model of phone for over 5 years using almost all firmwares and most of the delay problems have to do with the network performance (have to say that some firmware versions really are trash)

our currect phones use

Program-- 1.2.2.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.6.6

it seems to be stable

Also from PSTN to PBX could have a delay. in our case last month I changed our E1 LAN direct to a NIC of the 3cx. Our delay was reduced big time. from 150 ms to an average of 30 ms.. (that is from e1 to pbx) then the pbx to phones is another story.

8. scottyork

Just been experimenting with 1.2.2.19 over the last couple of days on one phone. 1.2.2.14 seems to have been superceded. .19 seems good so far. Glad to hear .14 is stable. Only have nearly 3 years experience with Grandstream but I well remember some very dodgy releases! Seem much better now.

Firmware is perhaps clutching at straws but just wanted to rule it out.

I suspect we have an issue with the PBX/phones leg but I've even given the phones a dedicated LAN and still the problem Rears it's head rather too often :cry:

I'm pretty sure the issue is internal since it occurs with VOIP (three different providers - same data connection though) and two different PSTN gateways.

Next stop will probably be some detailed LAN anlysis to see if perhaps one of the phones is faulty and is flooding the LAN - that also feels like a long-shot.

All the other systems I have detailed access to use Snoms so I've been rather assuming it's a Grandstream issue but also expected people to be shouting about it on here and on Asterisk/Trixbox forums if it was widespread.

Still scratching my head!

9. gdewey

didn't know 1.2.2.19 was out.. I will wait some days to leave my users rest ;) I gave them a hard time today with the backup bug there was on the 3cx. Are you using this phone under heavy use? that is 2 or 3 calls on hold?

If you use Grandstream handy tones there is a bug that will mess up your sip network.. its related with some dhcp servers. We had that 10 months ago and had to deactivate a setting. don't remember witch one right now but it was a mayor pain to determine what was causing this. I had to installa a TAP on before the PBX to sniff all the network traffic as see where was it coming from.

10. gdewey

ohh thank God this issue was fixed on the 1.2.2.19

- Fixed GXP2000 loses gateway IP address after sometime if it's set to use DHCP in some
    particular network

it was causing a mayor pain for my remot vpn phones.. I was blaming 3CX.. lets see if that was the problem. just made the upgrade!

11. scottyork

Using it on my phone and hardly ever put calls on hold I'm afraid. Plenty of use though.

Use the phones on static IPs and no handytones (just GXP2000 and GXP2010) and now it's on it's own LAN, no DHCP server but thanks for the hint. If you do recall which setting it was, let me know, it might point me in the right direction with our issue.

At the moment I'm unravelling a chunk of development to get as close as possible to vanilla settings/firmware etc. - frustrating to say the least. And as always it worked fine before we went live!

I'll post again if I get any issues with the .19 firmware.

12. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If one of your Phones was having Audio issues i'd suggest binding it to the media server.

I've been running some tests with GXP's with Program-- 1.2.2.19 Bootloader-- 1.1.6.6 with the Sip Proxy Manager for V8 and it's running fine till now except with a small issue where transfers from Grandstreams to Grandstreams sometimes leaves the transferee listening to On Hold Music.
    This can be resolved by Binding his ext to the Media Server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. scottyork

Thanks Leonidas.

Which end to bind the the media server, recipient or person initiating the transfer (or both?).

I have 6 users who will typically take calls and then transfer Grandstream to Grandstream but another 25 users who will receive those calls after transfer. Hopefully only the 6 need binding :wink:

14. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Bind the guy who Transfers the call. That should do the trick.
    I'm guessing everyone is gonna transfer a call once in a while so why not just try and Binding all of them, if you see any problems just play around with the settings on specific extensions and find the setting that suits you the best.

15. gdewey

my sales users make no less than 50 transfers a day :S I am sure they will experiment this problem today (its our first day with this firmware release)

by biding the extension you mean checking the PBX DELIVER AUDIO? or how do I bind a user ?

tks

16. scottyork

I'm assuming PBX DELIVER AUDIO (which in older versions was called bind to media server).

17. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yep, Enable PBX Delivers Audio and Disable the rest.
    Also get today's Build: 3CX Phone System build v8.10116
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem8.exe

And the Version 8 Sip Proxy Manager and your Grandstream issues will be gone.
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXSIPProxyManager8.msi

18. scottyork

Leonidas,

Just doing a bit of out of hours maintenance so I'll have a go with the new build right now.

Andy

19. gdewey

Leonidas, where should 3CXSIPProxyManager8.msi be installed? it does not install where the PBX. Not sure I understand where this proxy plays in.

tks

20. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The Sip Proxy manager is ment to be used by people wanting to set up remote phones in a remote location with NO PBX trying to connect them to a PBX over the internet.
    If you aren't trying to set up phone to work remotely then you dont even need the sip Proxy Manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.