Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXP2124 Provisioned after an hour

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cannect, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cannect

I use a brandnew 3CX installation with 2 Grandstream GXP2124 phones. When I setup the provisioning on the phone en reboots the phone, it take 58 minutes and 33 reboots before the phone is provisioned. Then it works fine.

Its a normal provisioning like http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-provisioning/. The provisioning of the settings, display logo and phonebook is after an hour ready and OK. In the time between the phones display only booting with a progress bar and reboots 33 times.

I use the latest firmware version, auto updated by firmware.grandstream.com, Version 1.0.5.15.

What can I do?

2. cannect

I have discovered when I make the provisioning rule empty on the phones webinterface, it starts normal. When I make a change on 3CX for this phone (e.g. add a BLF key) and the phone starts with provisioning rule, it update the settings after the first reboot with 3CX but it reboots several time before it run normal.

I try with empty firmwareupdate rule and the different options but no solution.

3. GSsupport

Hi cannect11,

Could you please give us more details regarding the issue?
    You said that you have 2 GXP2124 phones, do you experience this issue in both phones?
    Did you try to factory reset and then provision the phone?
    Can you tell us which 3CX version and SP you are using?

Can you submit a ticket to GS ticket port using this link?
    http://www.grandstream.com/support/submit-a-ticket

We will need you to provide us some traces

Best regards,
    GSsupport

4. cannect

The problem is solved.

When reinstall the 3CX system and reset the phone to their defaults, all working normal.

Thanks for thinking about it.

5. cannect

The problem is solved.

When reinstall the 3CX system and reset the phone to their defaults, all working normal.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.