Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXP2160 BLF provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by data32, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data32

I noticed that in the latest release Grandstream phones are supported, so I updated my firmware on some old GXP 2160's to the latest version, and provisioned them with the builtin templates. It seems like the BLF's that I have defined on the extension do get applied to softkeys but not to the hardware BLF's that run down the side of the phone. Is this a case where I need to have three pages of blank keys before I get to the button number that corresponds to the first hardware BLF key like with the Yealinks and the EXP modules?

2. data32

I may have answered my own question. It appears that BLF 23 is the top of the left row of hardware BLF Keys and BLF 35 is the top of the right row of keys. Makes programming more interesting but at least it is doable.

3. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @data32

Indeed, this is accurate. The phone will first assign the BLFs to the Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys(displayed in the screen). The phone supports 4 pages x 6 Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys = 24 keys, but since the first 2 keys will be used by the phone, the first BLF will be assigned to the 3rd key. That means from the phone's screen you can access the first 22 BLFs and the 23rd will be on the right panel as a Multi-Purpose Key.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Marios - would be nice if this information was exposed somewhere besides digging thru the templates... perhaps on the Provisioning Page - or the BLF page shows it based on the phones?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    data32 likes this.
  5. data32

I agree, however with the BLF programming on a seperate tab from the Phone Provisioning and different models having different requirements I don't see a good way of encorporating that feature. That is why I posted the answer I found for when I forget and need to look it up or someone else has the same issue :).

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

But thats 1 of many phones.
    The 2130, 2135, 2140, 2170 - each is different. Then move on to different models. And what to do if the user has more than 1 phone for some reason... or multiple users sharing an extension with multiple types of phones. This isn't even doable.
    I think the BLF should almost be tied to each Phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.