• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

GrandStream GXP2170 Not showing correct contact info

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint_

Forum User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a proof of concept getting ready with nothing but Grandstream GXP2170.
I just noticed that the phones do not sync correctly with the external company contacts.
For example:

if I add a company name with a business phone number, the name does not show in the GrandStream phone book.

If I add a person first / last name with a HOME phone number, it does not show up in the phone book (the number)

The only thing that shows in Grandstream phonebook is if I put a number under MOBILE in 3CX, then it shows as WORK in the phone phonebook.

This is a bigger issue now when 3CX import numbers from Zoho CRM, where the phone numbers are not entered in MOBILE field. I just tried this, and the result is that 3CX import the contact from the CRM, but there is no phone number on the phone to be displayed (although we can see the numbers in the WWW interface).

I can either create a script to fix this, or maybe 3CX team can agree that this is a bug and correct this ?

Hello @saint_

Please note that 3CX only adds the First name, Last name and mobile number to the phonebook of all supported phones. If the number is not in the mobile field it will not be added to the phonebook of the IP phone. 3CX clients display numbers from different fields as they are using presence to get the info.

Hello @YiannisH_3CX ,

I am replacing in this Proof of concept another brand of phone system, which integrate with their Zoho crm, and has all the phones listed in the crm. This customer is going to look at me and say "Cheaper does not mean better" since the 3CX licenses are cheaper than anyone else, but basics features are not matching what they currently have.

Instead of me reverse-engineering, can you please tell me where are the 3CX templates for contacts, and where are the ones for GrandStream ? Maybe I can run a cronjob to fix this for this brand......

I don't think there are templates, just the resulting XML files...
And they are locked from editing by the 3cx Services.
So, you could use their XML as a base file, rewrite as needed, save as a different file name.
Then create a custom phone template to push out this file instead.

Or, turn off whatever service has this locked (I am unsure), open and rewrite the file, then restart the service. This way sounds a little more dangerous.

The phonebook xml files for all phones are under the provisioning folder. C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GrandStream won't accept a company name nor phone business. Therefore, I'm hopeless. Thank you for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.