• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream GXP21XX PC Port not enabled by default

Status
Not open for further replies.

accentlogic

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We found an issue with the grandstream.ph.xml template for GrandStream GXP21XX phones where the PC Port is disabled by default.

This appears to be due to the template pulling the "Enable VLAN for PC Port" value and using it for the PC Port Mode setting on the phone.

<!-- PC Port Mode. 0 - Enable, 1 - Disabled, 2 - Mirrored. Default is 0 -->
<!-- Number: 0, 1, 2 -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P1348>%%vlanpcenabled%%</P1348>

To workaround this issue we Enabled the PC Port VLAN, but left the VLNA ID set to "0" in the phone provisioning tab.

This is our only site with Grandstream phones, so I cannot validate this on any other systems.

Guess that's why it's beta status. Thanks for figuring that out AND posting a workaround.

Yep - when I saw BETA on GS Phone Templates - I figured lets wait a bit and play with it in the lab before I roll it out anywhere.

Client bought these GS phones when they were supported. They had been using the GS provided templates, but the night SP3 was released their system auto upgraded, even though it was not scheduled to do so. They came in the office the next day and all phones were ringing constantly. Swapping templates helped that, but then caused the PC port issue. Also, upgrading a test phone to the newest 3CX firmware broke login to the web interface, so we leave the rest on an older release.

Also noticed that after installing the 3CX firmware version 10.0.9.58 on test GXP2130 and GXP2160 units that the web interface no longer allows login - login screen comes up, but does not accept valid credentials nor reject invalid.

Other firmware versions allowed login just fine, up to and including the latest from the GS site 10.0.9.26. With 10.0.9.58 the phones appear to be working with 3CX properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Acosta
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.