Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXP21xx plays busy tone forever if call is rejected.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hanstps, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanstps

Hello,

i discovered a little problem with the grandstream gxp21xx phones recently supported again by 3CX.
    3cx is fully updated and the grandstream phones are updated to version 1.0.9.58.
    (Factory reset off all phones before reprov.)

Current setup : 1 x gxp2130, 1 x gxp2160 and a gigaset N510 with 2 gigaset R650Pro handsets.

When you place a call from one of the 21xx and the callee 'reject' the call, the 21xx play the busy tone FOREVER. You must press the screen button 'end call' to finish and free the line on the 21xx.

If the gigaset calls a 21xx and we 'reject' the call on the 21xx phone, the busy tone on the gigaset is heard for a few seconds and then hangs up.

I suppose this should be the same on the 21xx phones.
    I searched for a option in the web interface of the phone but found nothing.

Thanks
    Hans

2. hanstps

Hi,

did some additional tests.
    This problems appears also if the callee does not respond in time, thus if the time has elapsed that is been set in the option 'After timeout forward external calls to:' and 'end call' has been chosen.

Bye,
    hans

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @hanstps

Thank you for reporting this, but please note that this is default behaviour of Grandstream phones. We will see if there is something we can do to change this and have if behave like the other supported phones but i cannot make any promises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.