• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream GXV3140 with 3CX - No Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

csa452

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a Grandstream GXV3140 with 3cx so I can establish video calls between the 3cxPhone and the Grandstream. I have upgraded the phone to the latest firmware, set the video codec to H263 in the web interface. When I put in the extension number for my 3cx phone and hit "Send Video" the call goes through but only with audio. And when I call the phone from 3CXphone it's the same thing. I've read some comments from other people using this phone with 3cx and they didn't seem to have to do anything extra to get it up and running once they had the right video codec selected. I tried disabling the firewall on my 3CX server temporarily without any success. Also put the grandstream phone on the DMZ - still no video in or out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Enable ffdshow video codec

sigma1 said:
Enable ffdshow video codec

ffdshow is already enabled on the 3cx Phone (it's the only video codec option I see), and H.263 is set as the codec on the Grandstream.

You need FFDShow on the Grandstream to make your setup work.

Thanks - do you know how I would go about enabling ffdshow on the Grandstream? In the video codecs section I have H264, H263 and H263+, but there's no option for ffdshow.

Also I've seen other people reporting that they are using it with H263 without problems.

Hi,

The GXV3140 is a fully supported phone.
Video for it has been working since a long time ago.

Please check your Extension settings in the PBX Management Console: Extensions > Ext100 > Other > Extension Capabilities and make sure that PBX Delivers Audio is Disabled.

If you still have no Video, make sure you install the K-Lite Codec Pack on the PC with the 3CXPhone for windows and give it a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sd24mi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.