Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXW-4104 duplex sound issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by earthware, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earthware

Hello Everyone

I have the basic functions setup and working between 3cx and the Grandstream GXW-4104 but there are some teething problems.

Firstly when someone calls in over the PSTN their voice appears to cut out if I speak over the top of them? Our network setup has the server hosting 3CX plugged into the switch built into our broadband router (as they are located together) but everyone else (and the router itself) is plugged into our main switch and is running the 3cx softphone. I'm wondering if the problem is because we are combining these two switches?

Also the incoming volume seems to be very low, I have put the RX gain setting up to +12db on the GXW-4104 but this has only helped enough for it to be usable, I was expecting it to be really loud. For this one Im wondering if the fact the cable from our phone plug, to the GXW-4104, is pretty long (and routed over ethernet cabling) would cause us to get a lower volume and it we located the GXW-4104 closer to the phone socket if this would help?

Any ideas and comments appreciated

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Make a wireshark capture of network traffic for a problematic call and then try to play back audio content using wireshark. It will highlight the source of problem.

The topic
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/a-strange-problem-advice-please-17696.html
    is related to this problem.

Thanks
    P.S. http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. earthware

ok I have done a wireshark capture (attached) and played back the audio. The audio from my pc is fine, but that recorded by the caller drops out constantly. However wiresharks playback windows does not highlight any issues with out of sequence or jitter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.