Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXW-4104 stops answering inbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by glillich, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glillich

Hi,

I have a Grandstream GXW-4104 with firmware 1.0.1.25. It took me awhile to get connected, but, it appeared to be working correctly. Now I noticed that it stops answering incoming calls after an undetermined amount of time. When a call comes in none of the line lights indicate an incoming call and it just continues to ring. I can make outbound calls fine when it isn't answer inbound calls. I can access the units via the web interface and rebooting the unit fixes the problem, but, after about 8 hours it stops answering any of the lines. Are there some settings I should check or is it defective?

Thanks,
    Geoff

2. glillich

You know I almost did get a patton 4114 and I saw a lot of comments saying how the Grandstreams worked fine. I found a package deal for the Grandstream and 3cx and pulled the trigger. The vendor also said they had good luck with the Grandstream. Next time I will go with my gut.

3. glillich

I bought the package from: http://www.888voipstore.com

It was my decision to purchase it, they called me up after I placed the order and as I was talking with the rep I voiced my reservations going with the Grandstream and he said they have had good luck with them. I E-mailed them to see if I could send back the Grandstream and get the Patton instead.

I also tried moving the lines to ports 3 and 4 to see if that helps. I read that the Grandstream prefers the higher numbered ports.

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I had the exactly same problems until physically replaced 4104 to another one (from new arrival). Try to change the unit. If the problem will not disappear, try to use 4108.

5. glillich

The unit being defective could also explain why it was so difficult getting it to register with 3cx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.