Grandstream GXW-4104 won't register with 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by glillich, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glillich

Hi,

I recently set up a 3cx server on Windows XP SP3 on a VMware ESX box. I can connect SIP phones fine to the 3cx server, however, I cannot get the Grandstream GXW-4104 to register the Channels. I have followed the 3cx tutorials several times resetting the Grandstream to default and proceeding with the set up. I ran wireshark and except for HTTP traffic to/from the grandstream to the 3cx server there is no other traffic captured between the two. There are no attempts to login by the Grandstream listed in the 3cx logs. I have also verified the firmware is 1.0.1.25 on the Grandstream and I upgrade the firmware to 1.2.1.5 and that didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I got a defective Grandstream unit.

Thanks,
    Geoff

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have the same issue, I setup a syslog server and pointed the GXW4104 to it and the message I am getting is "no lines to register" so it never tries. I have no clue whats wrong with it either but its certainly a problem with the gateway and not 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tgrant

Yesterday I configured the GXW-4104 and it worked fine. I changed only a few parameters from the default settings.

The following are the parameters I changed:
    On the Profile page the SIP Server must be the IP of the machine on which the 3CX software is running and
    the SIP Registration parameter must be set to YES.

On the channels page the SIP User ID must be set to the port number. I used the default numbers
    User ID Authentication ID
    10000 10000
    10001 10001 etc

On the FXO lines page the stage method must be set to 1 by entering "ch1-4:1;" in teh field.
    set the Unconditional Call forward to VOIP field to "ch1-4:10000+;" assuming that you used the default port numbers starting at 10000.

Once you save the settings you will need to reboot the unit.

Also ensure that in 3CX you create an outbound rule to direct calls to the 4014.

My unit is working fine.

Tony

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'll post some screenshots tomorrow, maybe you're having just some misconfiguration issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have the unit in question being returned tomorrow so I can get hands on with it and triple check that all the settings are correct.

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Great, so in around 13 Hours from now i'll take some screenies for ya and post them here, hopefully you will still have the gateway by then :p

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Here you go, i hope it helps a bit.

Attached Files:

• GW.rar
      File size:
      384.5 KB
      Views:
  8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This didn't help. It seems like my settings are the same although my screenshots are different as I am running the most current firmware. No matter what I try I cannot get the 4104 to talk to 3CX.

9. glillich

Here is what I did to get mine working:

1. Set the proxy to the 3cx IP.
    2. Under Channels settings, set the Channels to 1,2,3,4 instead of 10000, 10001, etc.
    3. Left the Authen Password blank on the Grandstream and the 3cx config.

Of course, now mine stops answering inbound calls after awhile.

10. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I did a factory reset, reset everything as best I could and all of a sudden its now registering with 3CX.

11. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yeah i dont know why i didn't tell you to try that...
    It always works for me.

I also have issues with all Grandstreams in General... Phones / Gateways and the only way to fix those issues is a nice factory reset.

12. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The 3CX wiki docs should be updated to show the screens from the current firmware release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.