Grandstream GXW4004

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andykeen, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andykeen

Hi.

I wonder if anyone can please advise me.

We have been using a Linksys SPA3102 and have been having problems with the DTMF tones with some incomming calls - so we have got our hands on a Grandstream GXW 4004.

I want to replace the Linksys with this Grandstream 4004 - but are they same type of kit - i.e. can I use the grandstream instead of the Linksys.

What we have is one (1), possibly 2, traditional incoming phone lines from BT that we are hooking up to a 3cx server and autoattendants with 4 internal phone extension. This sytem has been working fine with the Linksys SPA3102 on 1 BT phone line (With the excpetion of the DTMF tone issue from some incomming phone types)

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Andy

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 has one FXO port (the one that plugs into a phone line), and one FXS port ( the one that a telephone set plugs into). The GXW4004 has four FXS ports, so it supports four telephone sets, not telephone lines. You want something like the GXW4104, a four port gateway.

3. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Andy,
    I use the 3102's quite a lot. What is the problem that you have? Do you have it set for the appropriate country tones? Is it being used as a gateway (FXO) or to connect an analogue phone (FXS)? Do you have CPC set correctly?

Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. andykeen

Hi Richard
    Thanks for your help.

In all honesty I'm a bit new to this - although I have 15 years in IT

What we have at the moment is 2 standard BT lines which I have one (1) connected to this link sys spa3102 and a dedicated server with 3cx on it. I have 4 cisco phones and i have setup the 3102 for uk tones - I can dial out and make calls - call between extensions and all seems to be working fine - except.

The 3cx system is set up for auto attendant on the incoming BT line however I have had 3 customers complain that they cannot make selections on the auto system. I have found out that 2 of these customers work from home and have BT verve dect phones - which - funnily enough I also have as a home phone.

I am experiencing the same issue in that if I phone from the BT verve the dtfm tones are not recognised and you cannot make selections from the auto attendant - to be fair - you can once the message is finished - I.e a quiet part, but it's a bit hit and miss and I don't want to take the risk.

I have got a granstream 4004 but I don't think I can use this as a direct replacement for the link sys 3102 - but ideally I would like to get the 3102 working as it's not a bad bit of kit.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thank You
    And

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried boosting the incoming level on the 3102? Sometimes, if the DTMF tone is very short AND low (which is what it sounds like as it works after the message is done) you may need to up the level a bit. MMake note of the settings before you change anything. Go to PSTN Line/ International Control/PSTN to SPA gain. I think that defaults at zero. If you overdo it there is a chance (a good chance) of echo or other nasty issues, so go in small steps.

6. andykeen

Hi Leejor.

Thanks for the tip.

Tried boosting the incoming level - it was actually set at 7 - so I tried small increments up to 20! - bit high - but I thought - in for a penny..... - to no joy.

Its definitely something to do with the levels as when there is silence i.e. auto attendent finished - then the keys will work.

Anything else I can try please?

Thank you

7. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi Andy,
    I did not realise that the 3102 was being used in this way. I know that whatever gateay you use this can be difficult to make work from an analogue line. You can try changing the settings on the line tab - eg DTMF process with AVT and changing combinations for dtmf. To be honest, it is usually better to use VoIP the whole way. That means porting the number to a good provider. The way forward could be set up with a SIP trunk and test it to see if it works with the Verve phone. If OK, port the number to the VoIP provider.

I hope that might be of some help
    Kind regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In PSTN Line/ Audio Configuration, the defaults for DTMF Process Info and DTMF Process AVT should be Yes already unless they had been changed.

What port impedance are you using, I know in the UK it has to be changed from the default of 600 ohms to 270+750||150nF. I get by with the SPA to PSTN Gain at 1 and PSTN to SPA gain at 0, so 7 seem a bit on the high side.

Don't know if you've seen... http://www.aoakley.com/articles/2008-01-08.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.