GrandStream GXW4104 Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Hi

Can anyone help me get Caller ID working on 3CX via an GrandStream GXW4104. I have a UK (BT) PSTN line with caller ID enabled. But all calls come up as Unknown. With my old Asterisk system it worked.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Be sure that the Caller ID type, is set for your region, and that the answer delay (the time before the call is passed onto 3CX) is set high enough to allow time for the caller ID info, to be collected.

3. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

I have a very short ring before the GXW4104 answers the call, perhaps that is it. You say be sure that the Caller ID type is set for my region, is that under Settings, Advanced, Advanced. If so, I have picked the Country Code as UK.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sounds like the method may be set properly but the call may be being answered too fast. It's been a while since i looked at the specs for UK caller ID, so i'm not sure if it is send before, or after, the first ring. I remember there being a current reversal sent to "wake up the box".

There should be an option to do with Answer Delay, (As I recall, Grandstream refers to it as Forwarding), it should be set in seconds, you may want to experiment with increasing this.

5. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

FIXED: As you guy's said... via the Granstream, FXO Lines, Number of Rings Before Pickup. I had changed it to 1 as read is as number rings rather than seconds. I changed it back to the default of 4 seconds which is about 1 1/2 rings and then Caller ID worked, after a reboot. Thank you so much for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.