Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXW4104 Delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lewis2010, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lewis2010

Hi,

Ive got a GXW4104 setup with 3cx, users have recently reported a delay on the line with calls so they end up talking over each other.

When i configured the GXW i followed the instructions on the 3cx site and we are able to make / recieve incoming / outgoing calls.

Thanks
    Lewis

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

The delay is caused by latency. Does the call go across the Internet? If so try a ping test to the sip provider. If you have remote extensions, check the ping delays to 3cx
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lewis2010

Hi Richard, sorry for the slow reply i've been assigned other projects recently.

The calls are from our office and do not go over the internet. All the phones and the 3cx server reside on there own LAN to minimise interference from other devices on the network.

Could you please advise me on what the latency should be and how i could resolve this issue, many thanks

Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.