• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream GXW4104 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohc

Reaction score
Please help me configure outgoing call for gransdtream gxw4104 I have followed the guide at http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/Grandstream-GXW-41044108/ NO LONGER AVAILABLE. NEW LINK http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/. the trunk status are already active but when I try to make an outbound call it just keep on ringing. I am new to this 3cx and communication stuff. I have configured the gateway IP as the IP of grandstream is that correct?

I have taken screenshot hope anyone can help. TIA

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 13
I found the 3CX settings quite simple.
In PSTN Devices select "Add gateway" then select the "Grandstream GXW-4104" the reast is automated virtually.

Outbound dialling rules, I only added 9 for dial VoIP gateway and 8 for GXW..... The REAL issue is setting up the Grandstream. Support, documentaion are all very poor from them. I still have an issue with CLI and upgrade. They do not want to help a all. It is not helped that it comes with US system settings and no drop down selection for other countries, so you have to do some research, and beg for information, and experiment.

My suggestion is to delete all your existing Dial plans and Gateways and start again with fresh. Then focus on the Grandstream. That is where I can almost guarantee your problem is. You need to let us know what country you are in. If UK I may be able to send my screen shots to assist you. Anywhere else and they will not match.

hope this helps.

please, it sends logs to us...thanks

Sorry, I do not understand the question/statement/request...

Please could you elaborate, thank you.

Hello,
Please read this topic
http://www.3cx.com/forums/poor-inbound-call-quality-newbie-7645.html?highlight=4104

I did not and do not have this problem. Mine works well except for no CLI. Support from Grandstream is appauling. The issue in the artical you directed us to was a settings issue and could be resolved by correct application.

Hi,

In your outbound rules for PLDT you could try adding the extension number(s) you want to use.

Jonathan Hamon

These things are down to configuration and often call progress tones. If you have a support package, open a support ticket... If not consider getting one :)

You are probably better off raising a ticket with the 3CX crew who I have found extremly helpful (thanks Kevin). It may not be their product or problem, but they want you to have a good experience of the 3CX and that counts for a lot.

I have had an open ticket with Grandsream who promissed to call me (many times) for the past 2 months and nothing has happened. I personal think the kit is fine and works well when you get the configs right (and that is hoit and miss) but the support is very poor. Long gone are the days when a company was pround of its products and service and actually wanted to help you set it up so that you were a happy customer and could promote their services.

Try 3CX guys - well worth it - they helped me out... Even if you have to pay for it.

If not, then I would be happy to share my screen shots (sadly the Gradstream does not have a back-up capability so I can not send you the back up file) which is how I have kept a back up reference of my settings.

Hi Jonners,

Just revisiting our Grandstream GXW4108 which I put on a shelf with frustration some time ago whilst using a 2-line Patton device instead (now need more lines!).

Have you got UK CLI working yet? I've got it all going except for that. I've selected option 2 which claims to be UK compatible but it doesn't work. Is it a bug?

Likewise, I'm happy to share screenshots.

Andy

Hi Andy
Yes, I have mine virtually up and running. My only problem is I have added a second line (I have one for the business and one for home and they should not mix) but it will not ring in. When it does it answers as a fax, so if you know why, please tell me. Otherwise works fine and happy to send screen shots. File too big, so please send contact details and I will e.Mail to you.

Hi Jonners,

I suspect the Fax problem will be with the T.38 settings on the bottom of the channels tab. Mine is as the factory default (ch1-8:mode=1,rate=9600,ecm=1;) which does not answer with fax tones on any of the lines - I have the GXW4108 with eight channels so your should have a 4 where mine has an 8.

I'll pm an email addy for screenshots.

Andy

Mine are the same. I think the fax may be a red herring. I think it answers as a fax because the it is not answering as a voice call. It proves to me the line is working and getting through, but it just does not want to answer...

Any other ideas?

Jonners,

Many thanks for the screen shots.

I see you're still on the 1.0.1.8 firmware version. I suggest you update to the 3CX supported 1.0.1.10 version as a starting point. I'm running that. Grandstream website suggests it's offering .15 but actually (as of a day or two ago) it was .10 firmware. The new firmware has different text on the UI for CID. The new firmware clearly suggests option 2 for UK (which now seems to be working :shock: ) I see you have option 3 selected.

You can just get the box to update via HHTP directly from the Grandstream-published IP address if you don't want to set up your own TFTP/HTTP server - not recommended though in case the connection goes down mid-update ;) . (It looks as though you may already have your server set up.)

Oh, and you might want to set up your tones as per the wiki (http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/call-progress-tones/ - Updated link on the channels tab.

Hopefully those updates will fix your fax tone problem.

Jonners,

Got incoming fax to work (which I couldn't get to go with the Patton reliably). And now that line answers with a fax tone.

Suggest you check your 3CX settings. Is your offending line set in 3CX to forward to the default fax extension under the individual port settings :?:
That turned on the fax tones for me.

Also been playing with dialling out and realised it wasn't!

I had to set "Wait for Dial-Tone" to NO to get it to dial out. I see you have that setting too. By default it was set to YES after my factory reset. Did you see a recommendation to set it to NO?

Seems strange that it doesn't work with YES. Wondering what will now happen if an attempt is made to dial via a channel that is disconnected.

Andy

I got my setting through a mixture of hit and miss and then some wonderful help from Kevin at 3CX...

Grandstream have absolutly useless help. they just do not seem to care.

I also find all this very iffy and flakey. One minute everything is working then suddenly something stops. i have just found this with certain call types. In this instance it is the 3CX has decided to stop working. Bizzar.

I now have my Grandstream working and I have to say working extremly well. I finnaly got some support from GS and it was excellent when it came.

If anyone has any issues with thier GXW, I have the UK settings and will happily screen shot them for you.

PS. I did discuss issues such as standard configs and country configs and backup (believe it or not, there is none at all) and so on with GS and they stated that they were aware of these issues and were looking in to adding in further releases. We'll see.

Jonners59 said:
Hi Andy
Yes, I have mine virtually up and running. My only problem is I have added a second line (I have one for the business and one for home and they should not mix) but it will not ring in. When it does it answers as a fax, so if you know why, please tell me. Otherwise works fine and happy to send screen shots. File too big, so please send contact details and I will e.Mail to you.

The issue here is that if a call is not answered within 25 seconds, then the GWX sends fax tone. So, if you run a hunt group before switching to Attendant Console or vMail or other, then you may have to either shorten this ring time, or break it with an IVR that has no message, but just answers the call. Not great, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.