grandstream handytone 488

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pankajkarde, Jan 15, 2007.

1. pankajkarde

i have connected grandstream handytone 488 to my computer through LAN port for its configuration through internet browser. According to the procedure mentioned, after connecting the handytone to the pc, i have to go in command propt and type "ipconfig /release".but when i have connected that handytone to pc and turn on the handytone, the red light on handytone starts blinking and when i press the command "ipconfig /release", it gives the messege"operation is failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation".
    Will you pls help me to solve this problem.[/b]

2. Watashi_FR

I believe that question should be posed at Grandstream, since there is no (obvious) relation with 3CX.

3. cjammer

cjammer New Member

On the HT-488, there is two ports. LAN and WAN. If you plug you computer into the LAN port make sure you use a crossover cable to make the correct link. When you plugged into the LAN Port did you get a link lite? If you did then your cable may be correct. The HT-488 by default uses 192.168.2.1 for its IP address. Once you get into the setup of it you may want to check the box to make the web interface accessible via the WAN port. Then you can use all your standard stuff and let your router do the DHCP for you and not the HT-488.

Hope this helps

Cjammer