Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

GrandStream HT 503

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tobiastromm, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Hi guys!

I bought HT 503 and replace HT 488.

Everything is working fine, except I am having some background noise when make and receive PSTN calls.

Any idea about that?

Thank You!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could be any number of things. "Background noise" is a bit vague, is it a hiss, echo, hollow, scratchy sound? Constant, or does it come and go? Do both parties (inside and out), hear it?

Did you confirm that setting (PSTN Line, impedance..etc.) are set for your region of the world? Many SIP devices have defaults set for North America (depending on make).

3. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Leejor, always you :D

Thank You for reply.

Is it a hiss.

Constant, start at the moment I open PSTN line.

Just inside (HT 503 site) can hear it.

I have some difficult about that, but I'm working.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On page 34, of the manual, settings near the middle of the page, Country-Based and Impedance-Based settings, you might want to see if those are correct for your PSTN provider. If you do a search, someone may have the correct settings for your country. There may be a gain setting that can be tweaked too. Just do one at a time and make note of the settings before you change anything.

5. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Leejor.

I find that: http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/daa-search.htm?country=Brazil&ppd=&mbr=&pps=&idt=&dtmfPwr=&dtmfCad=&ringFreq=&ringV=&ringThr=&ringZ=&onHookV=&minOnHook=&minOffHook=&minBDD=&maxAWT=&txPwr=&callerID=&bt=&ct=&gt=&term=&typeApproval=&advisoryNote=&regBody=&specDocs=

I'm already using this value for impedance.

Try all values, but don´t solve.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is related to firmware.....http://forums.grandstream.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0

7. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Leejor,

can you download files and see diference HT 488 x HT 503:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=b5a521f906064abb&resid=B5A521F906064ABB!135&parid=root

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can hear a bit of noise in the 503 wave file. If you have all other settings the same as the 488, you may want to pursue this on the Grandstream forum as it is not really a 3CX issue and may be something to do with the firmware release that you are currently using. Someone there may be able to confirm that for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.