Grandstream HT267 for Faxing Outbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We have just setup a fax machine using an HT287. When we send faxes a lot of the machines come back with Dirty Line errors and the fax is not sent.
    There is 1 fax that we send to which is built into a photo copier at a large office and do not get the line error.

We use NexVortex for our provider.
    Grandstream:
    Software Version: Program-- 1.1.0.45 Bootloader-- 1.1.0.1 HTML-- 1.1.0.45 VOC-- 1.0.0.13

Can anyone shed some light on tweaks I may need to make to the 267 - or perhaps another adapter I should be instead using...

Thank you in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've been using a SPA2102 for the machine and a 3102 as the PSTN gateway. So far, with a few machines it all works well (fingers crossed). Some newer machines, may have problems dropping down to a low enough speed. Some older machines may not be able to compensate for errors, it's a bit of a gamble.

3. markshehan

markshehan New Member

As Leejor said the SPAs work

But we have 100% success rate when our customers use the Grandstream HT502 with many different fax machines and all-in-ones. 99% go through first time and the rest go through on a redail as the first failure is usually just a "normal" fax failure that you can get with analog lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

I have setup Fax Device (Grandstream) for Passthru rather than T38 and it seems to work better - but it seems slow as heck for a 1 page fax... say 3 minutes.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Probably slowing down to a speed that passed during the initial "handshake". Which tells you that errors had been encountered when higher speeds were attempted.

6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Can you run a wireshark? Should see the packets going through and can see if they are sending more than receiving

What was wrong with T38?

7. craigreilly

T38 did not work at all - always got dirty line conditions during the fax and it did not go thru. Atleast with Pass-Thru the faxes are making it...
    I just looked at their server activity log and the last fax picked up at 15:08:40 and ended at 15:09:48. That seems pretty quick to me.

I will drum up a wireshark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.