Grandstream HT503 - FXO

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by creativeit, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creativeit

I am having some trouble setting up an unsupported gateway. I would like to connect a single PSTN line to our 3CX installation for incoming and outgoing calls. The gateway I am trying to setup is a Grandstream HT503 (http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-voice-telephony/consumer-analog-telephone-adaptors/ht503)

I've tried to find information online for setting up the particular device, but did not come right. I found some posts where some have issues with outgoing calls and I even tried applying the steps to get just the outgoing working, but I suspect I am missing something.

I am technical (software developer with 6+ years experience) , but don't have a lot of experience with VOIP / PBX systems.

I don't expect to be spoonfed, but would anyone have any idea where I should start with this? I have updated the firmware of the Grandstream device to the latest firmware. I noticed I cannot set the caller id settings specifically for SA, but have found the appropriate setting for that and set it according to what I have been told but still think I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Dave

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: "Unsupported IP Phone" HT503 - FXO

I had a Grandstream (can't remember the exact model) working as a gateway up until a few years back (It died), so I'm pretty sure it will work. I'm not sure that caller ID from the PSTN line will work, that was an issue with the earlier Grandstream models. If I come across any info , or links, I will append to this post.

In a nutshell, what you are trying to do with the gateway VoIP "portion", is to register to the 3Cx trunk that you have created, such as 10005. The gateway should be assigned a fixed IP on your network as you have to put that IP into the 3Cx trunk settings. Unlike am ATA or phone, 3CX need to be told the IP of a gateway.

Within the Grandstream, you want to send VoIP calls to the PSTN line as "One Stage dialling".

For incoming PSTN calls, the gateway need to be set to "forward" the call to (as an example) 10005 on the VoIP line. you want to be sure to disable any "link" between the PSTN line and the FXS socket. You want that call to be sent only to 3CX.

3CX used to have links to configuring a number of devices that are now considered "unsupported". Theose links now appear to be dead. One device that did have a configuration help page was the Handytone 488. I'm sure that the menu would have been very similar.

It looks as if someone did keep a copy of that config page http://static2.docstoccdn.com/docs/122004241/Page-1-of-4-Configuring-GrandStream-HandyTone-488-for-3CX-Phone but you have to sign-up to get it.

3. flurk

Hi,

I have a setup with 3CXv10 and HT503, which works fine since several years;
    I made screenshots of my setup.
    You can find them at : http://home.scarlet.be/~tse11843/ht503settings.zip

Regards,
    Flurk

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Flurk
    One difference in the settings that you posted, and the 3CX settings previously posted for gateway set-up, is in the Unconditional Call Forward line. You have it set as 98, which is the extension within 3CX that you want the call to go to as evidenced in the 3Cx trunk settings. All well and good, but as you are not sending it to the trunk number (10000). Because of that, I suspect , overrides the 3CX trunks settings and the call will go to 98 no matter what destination that you set in there.

If you want to make use of the 3CX trunk destination settings, the call should be forwarded to the trunk number.

5. flurk

@Leejor,

correct: the setting in the HT5O3 overrides the setting in the 3CX pbx.
    Directing the HT503 incoming call straight to the dispatching ('98'), or lead it first to the trunk number (1000x) and from there to the dispatching, are two possible ways which yield the same result.

regards,

Flurk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.