Grandstream HT701 + config file from 3CX v10 Warning!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by snowsam, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowsam

Hello,

I'm running 3CX Phone System v10.0.24018.2322 SP.6

I've been using several Grandstream ATA286 units with no issue for quite some time for remote locations. I had the need for another ATA and so I decided to try the new HT-701.

Warning: If you try to to send a config to one of these units and use the generic "grandstream" profile in 3CX, it will brick the unit. I am unable to access it from the web interface and the manual reset procedures do not work. I've got a case in with Grandstream and am hoping that they have an idea on how to bring it back from the dead.

This is not one of the supported Grandstream models for 3CX support, so they don't have any information.

2. GSsupport

Hello,

How did you previously try to make factory reset?

Are you able to access from IVR?
    If yes, check the IP and see if you are able to access the web interface.
    If no, try to perform a factory reset using IVR and see if this will help.

If this didn't help please submit a ticket using this link
    http://www.grandstream.com/support/submit-a-ticket

Best regards,
    GSsupport

3. snowsam

Thanks for the reply. The ticket on the grandstream site is Ticket Id: 20120718056038 .

The IVR can't be accessed because the unit does not give any response from a phone plugged in. No noise. No key presses. No dial tone.

I don't see the unit picking up an IP address from the DHCP server. Therefore I can't figure out a way to access the web configuration.

I have tried manually resetting by following the procedure in the book, which is to:
    1. unplug the ethernet
    2. push the reset button in the reset hole and hold for 7 seconds
    3. release and the unit should reset.

The unit gives no indication of resetting and does not act any differently.

Thanks,
    Sam

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Yes the template in 3CX states it is for
    <name>GrandStream HandyTone 488</name>

Your device is not 488 so when you use something which is not applicable to your model, there is a risk that yes, you break the configuration and factory reset is required. So it is not 3CX template that breaks the device. You decided to ignore model numbers and gave a modern ATA, the configuration file of a 2 year old ATA.

We are working with grandstream to generate a template for the most popular HT ATA's however developing and testing takes time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If there is any doubt about compatibility, it's always best to do it manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.