Grandstream HT701

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joebocop, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joebocop

While I realize that the HT701 is not oficially supported, it does seem that it works (or at least worked at some point) with 3CX Phone System: http://www.3cx.com/support/grandstream-ht70x-ata-with-3cx-phone-system/

The selection depicted in that guide, however, does not exist in the current version of 3CX Phone System.

I am new to the product, and am wondering how I would go about setting up a simple ATA such as the HT701 from the perspective of 3CX. Do I create a Generic "PSTN Gateway"??

Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

3CX V12 Sp3 has a template that supports the HT-701 and it is not difficult to manually provision the device either. It is far easier than you might imagine and the device does a very good job of connecting an analog phone to 3CX. Most of the default settings are applicable which really minimizes the customization. You really only need the extension number that will be assigned and its associated password. These are input into the account fields along with the IP address of the 3CX system and there you go, then enable the account to register and start. There are additional settings that allow for further customization, but go basic first and then experiment.

3. joebocop

Thanks Ineblett. I have installed the most recent version of 3CX Phone System now. Where do I locate the template for the HT-701?

Thanks again,

Joe

4. joebocop

Got it... found the template in the VoIP Gateway Template Updates tree item. I added the template, and it now appears under the VoIP/PSTN Gateways tree item.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.