• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream HT818 not provisioning??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Hoyt

Customer
Reaction score
Our 3CX uses a few Grandstream FXS/DECT set ups to work as Analog adapters for our analog phones.
Slick set up and all is good. Until it comes to the firmware updates.
I have no trouble with the HT802 or HT804 units. I was able to manually update the units with new firmware, and the 3CX system shows the unit provisioned with the updated firmware. The HT818 is updated on the unit, but the 3CX does not show as updated, or provisioned?
Suggestions??

The device is local.
Yes, followed the 3CX instructions for firmware update, short of factory reset.
Have installed the firmware on the device, because 3CX did not do it with a power cycle or reboot.
The device shows the new firmware. 3CX does not see the new firmware level and so it shows the old numbers and shows as un-provisioned.

3CX does not see the new firmware level and so it shows the old numbers and shows as un-provisioned.
So, you manually updated the firmware on all units but only 818 does not reflect that in 3CX? Is the firmware, a version that is supported by 3CX? Is the unit actually working?

Yes, Manual update on the unit. It does work, I would like my dashboard to show all good, rather than have systems un-provisioned.
Other Grandstream units are showing correct. same level firmware.
upload_2018-12-8_12-29-42.png
I have HT802 and HT804 that seem to show correctly. I also have a GXW4224 that provisioned correctly.

What you may have to do, is to delete the extension, then create, and re-provision the device. Have you tried a factory reset, then provisioning as if new? I've seen that required, in the forum, for other makes of devices. Until 3CX actually provisions the device, it may continue to display what you are seeing. Not sure why only the 818 devices. If you can live with it working, but still displaying unprovisioned, then I would leave it. It may just "correct" itself in the future.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/phones-show-as-unprovisioned.55104/

Please upgrade the HT818 to f/w 1.0.9.3 and test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.