• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

GrandStream Issues After 15.5 Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preston_TS

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

After updating, we’ve been encountering issues that seem to be affecting most(maybe all) of our GrandStream GXP2160s after updating to 15.5. All of our clients(companies) we manage have reported:

1.) Phones not auto answering when the handset is picked up ~33% of the time.

2.) Guided Transfers (opposite of blind) just fail ~33% of the time.
#Blind Transfers work 100% of the time

We have a support ticket open, but haven't gotten very far.
Any ideas or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello @Preston_TS

Please provide some more information regarding your setup so we can try to replicate an assist.
  • What PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence version. For example 15.5.15502.6.
  • How are the phones provisioned? Local, remote,STUN, SBC?
  • What firmware version are the phones running?
  • Are you using the default templates or custom ones?

Hello @Preston_TS

Please provide some more information regarding your setup so we can try to replicate an assist.
  • What PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence version. For example 15.5.15502.6.
  • How are the phones provisioned? Local, remote,STUN, SBC?
  • What firmware version are the phones running?
  • Are you using the default templates or custom ones?
Hey @YiannisH_3CX

PBX Version: 15.5.0

Provisioning Method: remote over SBC

Firmware Version: 1.0.9.102

Templates: Default

Thanks for the reply!

Update: Changing firmware versions seemesto fix the issues, we just have issues keeping the "unsupported" firmware version on the devices. I was able to test with firmware version: 1.0.9.108 (the latest firmware from grandstream) and this issues disappeared.

Do we have an ETA on when this version will be supported and available for 3CX?

Thanks!

Do we have an ETA on when this version will be supported and available for 3CX?
As far as i know this firmware version is being tested by our testing department so when the tests are done and if no issues arise the firmware will be supported. I do not have an ETA for when this will happen though. It is worth noting however that i have tried to replicate the issues you mentioned but i cannot seem to replicate them using the 1.0.9.102 firmware. Try factory resetting a phone with the 1.0.9.102 firmware and re-provision it to see if you can replicate the issue.

GS removed the 102 version from GA as well as from the archives; it is no longer accessible or available for distribution. They have since released 108 and the release notes indicated that 108 fixed the 488 error caused by using 102.

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.