• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

grandstream phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

tillyfliss

Reaction score
hi
i have just purchased a new grandstream gxp200 running firmware 1.1.6.46 connected to 3cx build 7.1.6589 and i have spent several hours trying to download the phonebook to the phone.it is created in 3cx and i can find the xml file in the provisioning folder. i followed the instructions in the 3cx guide but to no avail. i have tried lots of different permutations ie 192.168.16.12:5481/provisioning and 192.168.16.12/management/provisioning and using the phones menu to manually download, but still no joy. 3cx is running on XP Professional and using iis as the webserver. hope someone can help me

Perhaps that is one of the advance features only available on the commercial edition.

hi 3cx is a commercial version all features including fax and call recording are there and the ability to produce the phonebook is in the advanced settings

Are you fully provisioning the phones through 3CX, or are you manually setting them up and then trying to manually set the phonebook location?

See your other post - no need to have 2 posts about the same thing

I took the liberty of Merging your Topics. :mrgreen:

Hi
what other post are we talking about. i have posted this question once only.
to answer your question i set the phone manually and then tried to set the path for the phonebook download in grandstream settings. the 3cx instructions are a little misleading as it makes no mention of which web server you are running, but quotes in the example path, port 5481 which i believe is only applicable to cassini. do you think i would need to re-set phone to factory and then re-try address book download.
regards steve.
ps do you know the correct path to type for a machine running iis. the ip address of the machine running 3cx is 192.168.16.12 subnet 25.25.25.0

Is there any reason you are not auto provisioning the phones through 3CX assuming the grandstream support it?

I've had a few customers with the same problem - as soon as they auto provision the phones using 3CX things work correctly.
If you must do it manually you could try the auto provisioning for a single phone then export the settings for the phone to see how the phonebook is configured.

The URL for the phonebook when using IIS is http://<IP of 3CX>/managament/provisioning/<phonebookname>

quick update on this one. factory re-set phone set full provisioning for phone in 3cx and followed 3cx instructions phone still not pulling down any settings ie not even the extension details. interesting point to note is that i tried to provision a new linksys spa 3102 to the system today and it too failed to pull down any settings although the config file is there in 3cx provisioning folder with the settings i provided when i added a new pstn device.
this has got to be a pc or iis issue.
regards steve
ps would i be any better off trying cassini to cure this asi have lost maany hours trying to fix it

Depending on the phone you can use DHCP option 66. Does the GXP 200's allow auto provisioning?
For the Snom phones i use DHCP option 66 and a value of http://<3CX IP address>/management/provisioning/cfg{mac} to make the phones auto provision

yes have tried that and the phone fully supports auto provisioning in 3cx. the mac address is entered in 3cx under extensions/phone provisioning along with the phone model. i am sure now that it is not a phone issue as the linksys spa 3102 i tried today is also not playing ball and has been fully tested by 3cx.
regards steve

The Grandstream do not fully support auto provisioning in 3CX - looking at note 11 on the page http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/DHCP-option-66.html
it specifically mentions the Grandstreams and that you need to use a TFTP server or set a manual provisioning URL from the grandstream in the link http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Grandstream-provisioning.html

Have you followed this page to configure the GXP 2000?
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/GrandStreamGXP-2000.html

And are you using the firmware versions specified in the document?

hi yes followed 3cx instructions to a tee, as i mentioned in previous post cannot get linksys spa 3102 to provision either, again followed instructions to the letter. attempted so many times now, losing the will to live. as for the grandstream firmware the 3cx tested version is very old hat. phone shipped on 1.44 and have updated to latest 1.46. not sure if you can downgrade the firmware or if it is a good idea.
regards steve

This is tested and working. I suggest you open a support ticket, i am sure support will be able to help you with this.

hi Nick many thanks for your help, i will do that i think. phone running great having set it up manually, but would be nice to have the address book from 3cx go to the phone.
once again many thanks.
regards steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.