Grandstream Provisioning link resetting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jendter, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jendter

I have Grandstream GXP2124 phones. I just upgraded to 3CX version 12 SP3. I reset the config server path with the new provisioning path for V12 in the GXP2124 manually via the phone's web page. The phone appears to retrieve the config file and work normally. If I go back into the phone's web page, the config server path is reset back to the old path for V11. I updated the grandstreamexecutive.ph.xml file on the server with the correct config server path. I even updated the file using the /%%PROVSUBDIR%%/ variable then again using the actual subdirectory name. Each time I test (manually entering the correct path in the phone's web page, save config and reboot) no matter what path is in the config file, the phones config server path always resets to the V11 path (without the /%%PROVSUBDIR%%/).

Where is the phone picking up the old file path from?

2. mlump

mlump New Member

Do you have the old path setup in DHCP as Option 66?

3. jendter

No DHCP Option 66. We use Option 66 to define our Desktop Imaging server. All phones have "Allow DHCP Option 66 to Override Server" set to No. Otherwise, our phones where trying to get configs from the Desktop Imaging server. We manually set the config server path on all phones. The phone do, however, use DHCP to get their IP addresses.

4. jendter

I found that 3CX had an updated Grandstream template. I went to 3CX phone system Updates, then to Phone Provisioning Templates. There I found that the Grandstream items showed out of date. I updated the provisioning templates and the issue is now solved. Thank you 3CX for these updates.

Issue solved

5. hivanov

Hi !
    As GRANDSTREAM phones are no longer recommended by 3CX it is likely to suffer from such problems. For the HD models I've tested that firmware version 1.0.5.23 fixed a lot of issues I've had with the newer versions. A lot of our customers have Grandstream phones and almost every day a different issue appears... For older phones (ex. GXP 2000, 285, etc.) the provisioning without option 66 doesn't work fine, so if you can manage to implement second DHCP in the telephony VLAN with option 66 enabled it will solve a lot of your problems with the provisioning :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.