Grandstream shared park blf

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hoosier1077, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier1077

Hello,
    I have a grandstream gxp2120 sitting at a receptionist desk along with gxp sidecar. The side car works great for all extensions, however when I try and make one of those blf keys to work with sp0, it doesnt function correctly. Call comes in, I can hit transfer, and then hit the sp0 blf key. It will put the call into sp0, however if I go to any one of my gxp 1450's on the lan and try and pick up by hitting *10, i get 404 Not Found. I can only pick up a parked call if the receptionist uses the transfer+*00 to place the call on sp0. The blf key just doesnt work right. Ive manually configured it, as well as provisioned from 3cx server. this is running newest firmware on phone, and paid version up to date on 3cx server. The phone has always done this, new firmware and past 2 firmware versions as well. I would assume provisioning this "supported" phone from the 3cx server would take care of everything, but its not working and I could really use some help. I would even settle for having the receptionist manually putting the call into park by hitting *00, however when she does that the blf on side car doesnt light up red, just stays green. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

This is because you are confusing the two different shared parking places. If you park a call with *00 you cannot pick it up by pressing the SP0 BLF you configured because they are not the same. you need to hit *10.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hoosier1077

Thanks for the quick response, I believe I get the difference now, only problem with us is that the entire store has the two line gxp1450's, which dont really offer any blf config keys. The receptionist has a 2120 which has plenty of blf's. If I understand you correctly, if you use the sp0 blf to park a call on phone 1, you must use the sp0 blf on phone 2 to successfully pick the call up right? Just like if you use *00 to park call from phone 1, you must use *01 to pick up on phone 2?

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

close, but you need to hit *10 to pick up *00 same if you park in *02 you use *12 to pickup. If you have no BLF keys on a phone you are using then SP0-SP9 won't do you any good.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hoosier1077

sorry, thats what I meant. Good to know because i figured no matter if you use dial code or blf, you would be putting that call in the same shared park 1 place, but i guess not. thanks for help

6. hoosier1077

oh, one more thing. you may not have anything to do with feature requests, but is there a share park timeout coming where if the call is on shared park for say 2min and nobody picks up, the call can then be redirected back to receptionist? I only ask because we have 6 big stores that we're uprading phone sytems too, and this is a huge deciding factor. If its not something coming very soon they'll just have to go with the cisco solution. thanks.

7. nbailey

nbailey Member

morning, and yes this is in the works for Version 11. But if you are curious as to feature requests you can check out 3cx.ideascale.com and see what our community is asking for and vote on features you would like to see.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.