• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

grandstream transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfer

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
The two options that have been included in grandstream firmware version 1.0.9.58 under Settings -> Programmable Keys -> Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys Setting,

Transfer Mode via VPK
Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK

has been in my opinion very very very inconvenient.

I'm not sure what was the expected behaviour by grandstream but transfers doesn't work correctly after those two features had been added unless you configure them as follows,

Transfer Mode via VPK = New Call
Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK = No

Those values combined with

Attended Transfer Mode = Dynamic

under Settings -> Call Features, which enables attended and blind transfers, restores what's for me the expected transfer behaviour.

And the only benefit I had seen from using other values for those two new options (Transfer Mode via VPK and Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK) is that you can make attended or blind transfers (depending on configuration of those options) just by clicking one BLF key or VPK key.

But making a transfer just by pressing one key (BLF) instead of two keys (transfer key + BLF) doesn't worth losing so many other features people are used to. To name a few I have detected (and some unhappy customers):

• Capture speed dial key only works with phone on hook. Probably same for any speed dial which will only work on hook (if Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK is set to yes).
  • BLF capture only works on hook (if Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK is set to yes).
  • Once you send attended transfer via BLF, you can't just hangup the phone before your partner pickups the call to make blind transfer.
  • You can't press dial key to start an attended transfer after pressing transfer button + dial extension number. Nor hangup to make it a blind transfer.

And probably some more strange behaviours.

For me doesn't worth to break so many features that users of the phones are used to just in exchange of one enhancement. Besides it is a lot of time lost to explain new behaviour to customers.

Last edited:
The two options that have been included in grandstream firmware version 1.0.9.58 under Settings -> Programmable Keys -> Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys Setting,

Transfer Mode via VPK
Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK

Probably it is just Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK when set to yes that breaks everything.

Hey Manfer.. Have you figured out any way of reverting back to Enable transfer via non Transfer as default? I can create custom templates as we always have but want to avoid it if we can.

I like the feature of being able to transfer without having to press transfer and just hitting the blf but we have clients who want to use attended and blind so it doesn't really help them.

No. I haven't been able to make it work in a different way on firmware v.1.0.9.58.

That new option included in grandstream phones Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK if set to yes breaks any other transfer method and speed dials off hook.

I set that option to false, Attended transfer mode to Dynamic and continue the classic transfer methods as I don't want clients calling for support constantly because their phones doesn't work as they expect to.

Only on one client I had set it to yes and provided instruction on how to use the phone. That means, being sure to click capture speed dial with the phone on hook, transfer just clicking BLF (avoid clicking transfer button) when they have a MPK available (it is configured attended as default for this client), and for other transfer methods being sure to follow the following steps, click transfer button, dial extension, click button below screen (there is one button for attended transfer and one button for blind transfer).

Hello,

Please note that we are aware of this and in the next update, Grandstream phones will give you the option for blind transfer and attended transfer when performing a transfer.

Reactions: manfer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.