Grandstream

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

Now that SP3 has been out for a while, how are things going with the Grandstream phones. I have a system with about 100 2160's and 2130's that I would love to upgrade and see supported.

I am aware of the firmware/template upgrades required to stop the ringing problem, but is anyone seeing any other issue to worry about?

Any idea when Grandstream is out of beta?

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

2. xeroendo

I actually just came on here today to put in a post regarding grandstream phones.
    After the update we had the constant rings, and fixed it with the templates.
    Then another update came out last week and now attended transfers don't work right.
    If you use attended transfers, then I suggest having a few users try it out first before pushing out to everyone, if that's possible for you.

3. neville

neville New Member

I just tested and got the same results.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

Please note that the issue will be fixed in the next update where both options will be offered on the screen of the phone when attempting a transfer. Thank you for reporting.

neville likes this.
  5. Fausto B. Cruz

I have an issue where my gxp2165 and gxp2170 that i have tried wont make outbound calls. get a "no response" after 15 seconds
    inbound working fine.
    and i have a gxp1405 that works perfectly fine.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Are these phones running the default template and the supported firmware? How are the phones provisioned? Are they local or remote? Can you make extension to extension calls using these phones? Check your outbound rule in case it does not allow these extensions to call out.

7. Fausto B. Cruz

So this weekend i spun up a brand new install using pbxexpress on to my 1and1 cloud. i ended up with 15.5.9348.3.
    I have created my inbound and outbound trunks and created an outbound rule.
    i have provisioned (2) two gxp2170, both running the recommended 1.0.9.58.
    They are both remote since the server in my 1and1 cloud. Both were automatically provisioned using RPS.
    Extension 1000 stays connected, extension 1001 goes in and out.
    cannot dial from 1000 to 1001, and vice versa, cannot call out from either.
    both are part of the default group

Nothing shows in the outbound call logs

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Have you assigned a different SIP port to each phone or are both using the same SIP port? Also have you forwarded the ports to the local IP of the phones?

To be able to perform calls between the extensions you need to enable PBX delivers audio under the extension settings / Options /Troubleshooting.

Create another extension send a welcome email to a PC on the same network as the phones. Are you able to call out from there? Do you have VOIP provider registered on the system? Is your outbound rule valid?

Addtional information on how to provision remote extensions can be found in our academy:
    https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/intermediate/configuring-remote-extensions/

9. Fausto B. Cruz

My noobness in this first cloud setup.
    I didn't realize that direct sip STUN would have that issue with multiple phones.
    I don't want to configure port forwarding to each phone.
    I have resolved all my issues by purchasing a raspberry pi 3 and installing the 3CX SBC.
    Issue solved.

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.