Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Granstream GXP1405 - ring tones keep changing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dkuhlman, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkuhlman

I'm working with a client we inherited from another provider. They're on version 12.5 and are using Granstream GXP1505 phones. All of the phones have the same firmware version and they're all using the same provisioning template.

For some reason, every week the same 3 or 4 phones ringtones are changing. Normally not a big deal, but the ringtone that's getting set is super loud and scares the crap out of people. I showed one of the tech savvy users onsite how to log into the phones to change it back, but she's having to do that almost every week. I haven't worked with Granstream phones much; was wondering if anyone has seen this or has any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would hazard a guess that it is something in the provisioning template that the sets are downloading upon re-boot. If you manually change the ring tone back (to a quiet one), then re-power the set so that it downloads it's configuration, does it change back to the loud ring tone?

If so, then you may want to look into manually editing the sets config file. Or. alternatively, re-configure the extension from scratch creating a new file. You may want to compare settings (within the file) between a config file for a set that isn't changing tones, and one that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.