Greeting without voicemail

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by josea, Apr 5, 2018.

Greeting without voicemail 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. josea

Borrowing from this thread: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/voicemail-greeting-without-a-mailbox.49572/

We are looking for a simple way users can leave recorded messages that change frequently for callers. We want callers to dial into the system, listen to the greeting and not be able to leave a message. We are trying to set it up this way instead of through the digital receptionist because we want the users to easily be able to change the greeting multiple times a day.

This should be easy to implement, just add option to play the greeting even with no voicemail enabled.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

We created a 3CX add-on that allows you to dial an extension that prompts you to record a new prompt, then replaces the current prompt assigned to a Digital Receptionist with the new prompt. Sounds like this would meet your needs. The add-on is used to update a job-line where people call in to hear what jobs are available. They have to change the recording as the job availability changes. The 3CX customer didn't want to give staff access to the 3CX Management Console just so they could change the recording.

I think we could make this process even easier. We could enhance this add-on so you simply change the text of the message via a simple web portal and have the application use text-to-speech to recreate the prompt. That sounds easier than having to rerecord the message multiple times each day... especially if the message is long and you only need to change a small portion of the message. Let me know if you have interest in the add-on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. josea

I was checking the products in your website, they are interesting... but I didn't quite find this particular add-on. While the functionality you describe is what we need: 1) we are using 3CX linux, 2) this is a very small organization, $600/year is a "huge" expense for them.

Thanks.