• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Group Call Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vondie

Customer
Reaction score
I am struggling to figure out how to provide a group call pickup using v12. I would like to be able to assign several extensions to a group that then can be picked up using a dedicated extension. For example, I have three sales people and their extensions are 208, 237 and 233. I would like to be able to pickup a call ringing on either of these extensions by dialing 500. I have tried using the extension group capability, but I cannot seem to get anything to work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

It sounds like what you want is a Ring group, You create a ring group and then you have the call come into that ring group using a Ring all Strategy then any of the extensions that are members of this ring group can answer the call.

Thanks for the reply mlump, but not exactly what I'm after. I don't want all the phones to ring, I just want to be able to have the ability to pickup an extension out of a group. We are a small shop and can cross department lines when needed. Not uncommon for an engineer to pickup a sales group extension when they hear it ringing for more than 6 rings.

There is a dial code to pick calls ringing on other extensions. to do this you dial *20*"Ext. # of ringing phone".

What phones are you using if you have programmable keys on those, you can program buttons to do the remote pickups.

I did see that feature, but as I understand it, it will only pickup the single extension. In my case, if there are three extensions I would like the ability to pickup, say 207, 208 and 209. These phones are close enough in proximity that I would not be able to distinguish which extension is actually ringing from where I'm sitting. If these 3 extensions were setup in a pickup group as extension 500, I could use the *20500 which then would pickup whichever extension was actually ringing. Is this possible?

Unfortunately there are no call pickup groups. However you would be able to see which extension is ringing via the 3CX Phone then pickup that call, or even give your users the permissions to pickup other extensions calls via the 3CXPhone.

I use the Yealink T38G phones and programmed the memory keys as BLF for each extension, then you just press the button that is flashing red.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I will have to hope for a feature update sometime down the road. We are locked with T32 phones, so the best we will be able to do is use the *20 for a single extension.

With a little mambo-jambo you could accomplish this...
Follow this article as a tought : http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/magically-expanding-call-queues/
Not exactly as you whished but maybe a work-around.

Thanks. I will see what I can come up with.

You could limit extension pickup to extension group, put all your 207, 208, 209 into this group and dial *20* to pickup any of them.
Of course your extension should belong to the same group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.