• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Group manager cannot see group calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

livn46

Reaction score
Greetings,

Our switchboard has a manager, and three users under her, all in a queue. Historically, I had "can see group calls" and "show calls to group members" on for all of them, so they could all see each other's calls and adjust accordingly. The manager has informed me that she would like to see the calls, but would not like them to see each other's calls anymore.

For each of the users, I unchecked "Can see group calls" and "Show calls to group members", and I left everything checked for the manager. The users now have only "can see group members" and "show presence to group members" checked for their member rights. However, in the "Q-Manager" view of the switchboard screen, the manager can no longer see group calls. Is "can see group calls" for the manager failing to override each user's disabled "show calls to group members" setting? Isn't there some way that the manager can see calls within the group without the calls being broadcast to everyone in the group?

We are on v14 SP3.

I think I figured out what I had wrong here: I thought, from the wording, that the user's "show calls to group" setting was universal, and that the manager's "see group calls" was, also. It appears to work differently: if the user's "show calls to group" setting is turned on, it doesn't doesn't do anything unless someone (in this case the manager) has "see group calls" enabled. It's like the "show calls to group" just makes the calls AVAILABLE to be viewed, but they can only ACTUALLY be viewed if someone has the correct permissions to do so. Once I thought about it correctly, I was able to resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.