Group or queue names not showing on GXP2100

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millsey, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

millsey New Member

Hi

I have the option "Add Queue, Group and DID names to Caller ID on/off"ticked and the group names show up in 3CX MyPhone but not on the Grandsream GXP2100 handsets. Instead we get teh number and name of the person who called the queue, so that is being sent in the data.

Does anyone know if this is sonething that can be got working or is it a bug?

Thanks
    Millsey.

2. millsey

millsey New Member

Anyone?

Can anyone confirm that group names are beinfg appended / prepended on other hardware phones?

3. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Queue names and group names are being displayed on Grandstream hardphones models GXP 1405, 2020, 1200, 2110 with Version 10. I didn't tested on that specific model from Grandstream but it should not be a problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. millsey

millsey New Member

I have just got my SIP trunk working and external calls coming in and hitting the queue are displaying the queue name correctly. What is not working is internal calls tothe queues, they do not show the quee name!

So it is not a phone problem but I do see it as an issue because external calls will be coming in to our Receptionists, they will dial the queues internally and the phones will not show the queue name to the agents.

Brian

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if that is a scenario that was even considered.

6. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

In fact you will see that if the Receptionist will make a blind transfer (as it is supposed to be on a queue) the queue name and the caller ID will appear on the hard phones screens. Only when Receptionist make an attended transfer, the call is treated like an internal call (extension to extension) and the queue name is not displayed anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. millsey

millsey New Member

OK, but that does not help us as we answer the call, establish which group the call should be sent to and send it on. If tehre is nobody answering or available we need the Receptinoist to be able to try alternatives, blind transfer is not good enough.

Is there a way around this? Every phone system I have ever programmed supports this and I did assume this was a standard behaviour.

8. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

You can set "Destination if no answer" for queue to be redirected back to receptionist or to another queue automatically. This is more simple and productive than a receptionist wait on the line until someone answer the phone, and if not, forward it again to another queue and so on. You can do this things automatically with 3CX Phone System.

9. millsey

millsey New Member

Dan

Is it not a fault that the 3CXis not including the queue name in the SIP packet to the phone?

BLind transfer with unanswered calls going back the the Receptionist would not be productive as the Receptionsit would have to establish each time what to do witht eh call. We actually have two receptionists (we take hundreds of calls per day) and if the call bounced back to the receptioinst who did nto take the original call then we would deal with teh same call twice.

This is the way all the systems I have used before worked.

10. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

3CX includes queue name in SIP packet to the phone. Its Grandstream's problem that it does not know how to look for it. Make a capture with whireshark and you will see, is there. Try with any Yealink phone and you will see that information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.