Group Paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by goodwija, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodwija

Has anyone got this to work?

I have tried this on v6 and v7 but the same results.

I am using several Aastra 57i phones, all with the latest firmware configured as per the 3CX notes for this phone.

I have created a ring group (200) with the ring strategy of 'Paging'. The ring group has 4 phones as members.

If I dial *9200 from another extension only 1 of the phones in the ring group goes off hook. Interestingly the one that answers is always the first in the list of ring group members i.e. if I change the order in the list, the one that answers changes.

Have I got this setup correctly - any ideas?

Thanks

John

2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Can you try calling extension 200 without the *9 in front of it? Just dial 200.

Thanks.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. goodwija

Thanks both I just tried that and the same thing happens i.e the extension listed first in the group goes off hook but none of the other extns do.

Do you actually have this working?

Thanks

John

4. goodwija

Mike, Matt

It's good to know that it does work in general.

The same thing happens with softphones. Looking at the server log it only tries to setup a call to 1 extension. I am therefore starting to wonder if this is a licence issue. I have a full feature demo licence installed. I have reduced the number of extensions in the paging group to 2 as I figured that would be 2 simultaneous calls but maybe not!

I'm trying to test this thing before making a purchase so I was keen to know it was OK. I'll maybe just have to go with the fact that you have it working for now.

Thanks for the help

5. worksighted

worksighted New Member

the license is probably your issue. if you have a 2 call demo license then the phone initiatiing the page and the first one to answer in the ring group are maxing out your license.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.