• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Group Pick Up Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharshi_raval

Reaction score
Hi,
I am provisioning 3CX in our SMB. About 10 extension, but we use the queue options. Is there a way to for someone to pick up a call if they hear a different extension ringing. Some sort of group pickup.

Any help is much appreciated.
Kind Regards,
M Raval

I do not believe so as:

1. While in the Q it is a system owned call that until answered is following a set of pre-defined rules.
2. Depending on the rules, and particularly the strategy, it might disrupt the natural sequence of events on how subsequent calls are answered.

However, despite what I think, I have never tried it. There was a similar question, but in that case, it was more about knowing that a call was in the Q waiting on an agent to become available and if it was possible to retrieve the call manually by the call pick=up and the virtual extension.

As you suggested, if you wait until the call is actually ringing at an extension, you might try it, but this sort of goes against the logic. Presumably, if the call is ringing at an extension, then there is an agent that is logged in and available (otherwise it would not be ringing) so, why would there be a need to try and pick-up? The only reason would be if people failed to make themselves unavailable or, all agents were always available.........but not really.

you can adde the extension onto their phone as a BLF, when the line rings holding down the extension will allow you to pick up the call otherwhise it's *20* extension number. to pick up the call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.