Group pickup!!!!! DOES NOT WORK!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thatguycraig, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguycraig

Banging my head against the wall here

I've read many different threads both here, and on Yealink forums in regards to group pickup - so before anyone points me to an existing thread - chances are I've read it and tried it.

Using Yealink T23G

So my scenario, in real world terms.
    Voipfone trunk is configured, as a trial, to ring our East Anglia depot.

• client calls east anglia number
    • number is directed to call queue / ring group
    • member of the group is not as their desk
    • another member of staff wants to pick the call up and deal with the enquiry
    • tried using a BLF configured to *20* - does not work
    • tried using a BLF configured to *20*71501 (ring group extension) - does not work
    • tried using a BLF configured to *20*81501 (call queue extension) - does not work
    • tried setting webpage-features-call pickup-group pickup, code *20* - does not work!!!!

*20* works perfectly well when someone is ringing a personal extension number. E.g. - Jon calls me, Craig on 10101. I am not as my desk, so Jim dials *20*, *20*10101, or used the BLF. The call is picked up, hey presto it works

I need to be able to pick up a call from a queue or group

I hope this makes sense, as my posts so far have fallen on deaf ears.

Thanks

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

The system does not allow pickup of queue calls, no way of overcoming this using the Call Queue function,

On ring group, have you check Settings -> General -> Global Options -> Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group,

3. thatguycraig

thats done, but if some one calls the ring group number, you cannot pick the call up, only if someone calls a direct extension number

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The system does not allow the pickup of calls directed to ring groups or queues from extensions not associated with same. There MAY be several reasons for this as each person's perspective is different.
    1. Many use *20* which may pick up any call and a user might inadvertently pick-up a call that was in the ring group unintentionally.
    2. The allowance of it might alter the way that call strategies are counted and used. While this is more for the PRO version, it may affect how fewest calls, least talk time, round robin and other are impacted.

I suppose that one could make the argument that if call volume exceeds the manpower able to handle, then more manpower should be dedicated to staffing the ring group/Q accordingly or if adding additional bodies is not viable, then expand the ring group or nest added ring groups with existing staff.

Nesting would simply take the calls that the one group could not handle and direct them into the next group that possibly could. I recognize that in a ring all situation, it can be an irritant to some who are not really expected to answer the calls (unless no one else can) to be put in the primary group; so create a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.