Group Pickup Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gav, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav

Gav

I'm having problems with group pickup.

In settings, I have LIMIT_PICKUP_TO_GROUP set to 1

I have two Extension Groups.
    The default group. Everyone is a member of this group.
    "Show presence to group members" is enabled
    "Perform receptionist operations on active calls group members" is disabled
    The purpose of this group is so that everyone in the business can see presence for everyone in a nice alphabetised list in the 3CX client. I don't want members of this group picking up calls for other departments.

Accounts Group. Specific users in this group.
    "Show presence to group members" is disabled
    "Perform receptionist operations on active calls group members" is enabled
    The purpose of this group is purely for pickup purposes.

The problem I'm facing is that if a call comes in on any accounts extension, no one in accounts can pick it up.
    The only way I can make pickup work is if I enable "Perform receptionist operations on active calls group members" on the default group. But then anyone can pickup from any group and I don't want this.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong with the configuration, but i can't work out what??

#1 Gav, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You need to enable user rights (pickup) in extension settings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Gav

Not sure exactly how your PBX is setup but from your description i suspect that you are not on SP2 but on a previous version.

All extensions are a member of the default group.
    There is a second group that has specific members in that are also members of the default.
    The second group has the option Show presence to group members disabled which disables the option Show calls to group members as well.

So a call comes in to one of the extensions in the second group but the members of that group cannot see the call. The same members that are part of the default group do not have the right to pickup the call.

So when you enable the receptionist right on the default group which includes pickup the call can be picked up from the default group as the call is still not visible to the members of the second group.

So you either have to enable shoe presence on the second group or the receptionist right on the default group.

In SP2 the rights have changed a bit and now the Divert, transfer, pickup right is separate from the receptionists right so you can better achieve your requirement.

Hope this makes sense.

2017-11-24_13h52_19.png

4. Gav

Gav

I think I may have cracked it.

If I disable "Publish group information to all members" on all groups except Default, it works as I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.