Group Pickup on Cisco SPA514G Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ultra-PALS, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultra-PALS

Hi,
    How do i configure/show the option for group pickup on the phones. i have put the relevant extensions in their own extension group and tested with *20*, but i believe there should be a grp pickup soft key on the phones.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Tom

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The group pickup is defined within 3CX and not the phone itself. You can establish a pickup key to represent *20*, but pushing that key will cause the pickup to be executed as you have defined in the settings, general, global options and "limit pickup.......". This option will either allow the phone to be able to pickup extensions globally or only in the extension group to which it belongs.

In this case, the key will need to be manually provisioned as the template makes no allowance for its entry. You can do this through the phone web interface or modify the template itself. You could possibly do a speed dial and or other functions using the 3CX templates in order to gain an understanding of the format and usage and then change according to your needs.

3. Ultra-PALS

Where in the phone web interface would i add this in? Is there no way of programming a softkey to do this?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Look at this link and then the other links that are contained therein:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2048743

Then, as originally suggested, you can use the 3CX provisioning page to set up a couple of BLF, Speed dials, etc. as test examples and then look at the phone itself to see how they did it and to get familiar with the syntax.

There are a number of settings on different pages within the phone interface that become involved and it depends on which key you want to assign the functionality. Try setting it as a speed dial and see if that will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.