Group to External Numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cynthia Slade, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

3cx V10 and grandsteam gateway gwx4108

For after hours help calls we have set the digital operator to send the caller to a group. The group is set to ring all. All 3 members of the group have an extension which is set to ring thier mobile phone number. In testing, I can see 3CX sending the call to 3 external numbers and immediately dropping all but 1 of them. The phone that remains has not answered when the other 2 drop.

I have tried to set this through queues and get the same result.

Does anyone have a similar setup that is working? Can this be done?

Thanks for any help

Cindy

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I suspect you are using an Analog Trunk or ISDN or T1, etc from the TelCo.

If you are using a gateway this is how it will happen. The gateway "accepts" the call - so the first one to reach it is answered. The others get dropped.

If you were using VOIP line this would not occur.

As an option - you could use Google Voice to forward the RING GROUP to. Set up Google Voice to ring all 3 on call phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cynthia Slade

Thanks Craig. It makes sense that 3CX looks at the Grandstream gateway to the PSTN lines as a connection. I'm curious, if the call is forwarded to Google Voice, which then forwards to 3 mobile devices, is the caller id on the mobile devices the google apps number? For this client that would be ideal.

4. craigreilly

I think with Google Voice you select what number to show - Original or Google Voice number.
    We would program our phones with a Contact of "Support" with the GV number so when calls came in we knew what they were.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cynthia Slade

UPDATE: Figured out how to get notification to a group and posted it:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-set-up-voice-mail-notification-to-multiple-text-29843.html

Thanks for Craig for your replys.

6. craigreilly

If I knew you were looking for notifications I could have saved you some time - we do that as well for our After Hours teams.
    8|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.