Group Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vciadmin, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vciadmin

I've seen references to this in older threads but I am going to ask again in case I missed something. I just installed the free version 11 on a test box. I configured 7 phone extensions for employees. I configured 4 additional extensions (tech support, customer service, sales, etc) I assumed were needed if no one answers the phone for the 4 ring groups (tech support, customer service, sales, etc). The only issue I've encountered so far is that when using the user GUI (3CX MyPhone) the group voicemails aren't displayed there, only the individual voicemail box. All I can figure out is I have to login to each extension to check the "group" boxes.

Is there something I am missing, is this not available or will this work in the call center version?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've put in a feature request for a ring group mailbox, with multiple extension notification, a while ago, to no avail (so far). If you send a ring group to a mailbox that you created just for that purpose, and the extension that it is created under, is not registered (dummy extension), then the only way to receive notification of messages is by email.

MWI will only notify the extension of the same number as the mailbox. If you have multi line VoIp sets, you might try adding the mailbox extension on to a line key on each of the sets in the ring group, they should all get MWI on that key.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

MWI won't work on the "free" version, you'll have to at least apply the Demo licence to try that out.

4. vciadmin

Understood, however, my message wasn't concerning MWI. I just need to see the mailboxes in the user GUI. I am not concerned with the MWI.

I've looked at many other PBXs today. Unfortunately, it appears lack of group mailboxes is the norm. I guess my office has gotten spoiled with our Televantage system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.