• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

groups and rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipvds

Reaction score
Hi,

in version 11 I have a group for each company. In the myphone-client i can see the members of groups I don't belong to. This is behaviour we want. In version 12, I can only see members of other groups (in the presence screen) I belong to.
So, this means I have to add every employee to each group (even if they are not an employee of this company).

Is there a solution for this "problem"?

Filip

Hi there,

Kindly note that the version 12 is still in beta and some features are still missing/not implemented and is there for testing purposes only.

filipvds said:
Hi,

in version 11 I have a group for each company. In the myphone-client i can see the members of groups I don't belong to. This is behaviour we want. In version 12, I can only see members of other groups (in the presence screen) I belong to.
So, this means I have to add every employee to each group (even if they are not an employee of this company).

Filip

Yes. In V12 you can be in more than one group (from my experiments so far) and so either put them in the DEFAULT group or create another group and put them all in there and adjust rights accordingly - I would put minimum rights in this "Everyone" group and use the rights of their other group.

filipvds said:
Hi,

Filip

Hi Filip,

How many extensions and how many groups are configured on your PBX?
How many calls are active simultaneously in your system?

Thanks

Hi,

this is my situation: 3cx is new for us, and we use 3cx since weeks (version 11).
I'm administrator of 3 companies. the 3 companies share the same desks, reception, managers, ...
in version 11 i've created a group for each company and in myphone we can see all the users on the system (this is the behaviour we want).
because we are in "test-mode" (to see if 3cx is suitable for my 3 companies) I have a licence for 8 sim calls.

I have about 50 extensions over 3 groups. (24 + 25 + 1).
Ok, I can create a group "default" and add each extension to it. But if you have 150 extensions it will not be easy to use.
maybe you could create on option to specify if you want this group of user be visible to all extensions or a "private" group.

We have now OCS 2007R2 installed, but we are looking for something else. We've found 3CX! We think the client for OCS is very useful and not difficult to learn. You have a quick overview of who is available. We saw a lot of this functionality in the myphone client. Okay, I know the myphone will be gone in v12. But maybe you can build the myphone-client not in silverlight, but as a real application (like the 3cx phone). I know it is still in alpha/beta... but I really would like to say we don't like the small black client.
this last paragraph is maybe a new topic?

Filip

Hi Filip,

Whilst I understand your requirement, we currently do not have this setting which allows users to be set in private or public. The user can have his extension not showing in the Myphone all together from Extension > 3CX Myphone however that being said, he would not be seen by any other user. Kindly post your request on ideas.3cx.com as a feature request.

With regards to the design of the new 3CX phone, it would be best to open a separate topic on that case under the version 12 section of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.