• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

GS2130 randomly going offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
Phone is flashing one of the Park Lights. It can not make or receive a call. Rebooting phone corrects issue.

Using standard template, current firmware, and reset to factory before reprovisioning on v15.5 SP 3.

Hello @craigreilly

Is the phone provisioned as local, SBC or STUN? Do you see the phone under the phones tab as registered when this happens? Do you get an error when trying to make a call? Does the extension appear as available in presence?

Hi,

i am testing since a few days gxp2130 and gxp2160 phones.
Everything is up to date.

I use personally a gxp2160 in my office so i can test and Survey the phone.

This morning we had the same problem.
No outside incoming calls at all and no internal calls active.
No calls active on my phone.
Suddenly 2 blf went red blinking for extensions that where onhook.

Taking off hook or pushing blf or any button did not solve the problem. Open a line to start a call didn't open the line. No ring tone, ....etc. The phone crashed completely.

Only a full reboot worked.
What was strange, the menu button worked to select the menu to reboot.

glad its not just me. no signs of it today... will keep an eye out for it occuring again.

my phones and pbx are on same network. phones provisioned using Local Lan method.

Had 3 this morning. Couldn't reboot from the webgui if I looked at the IP, or the handset itself via the menu's. The only option was to unplug the phone from the network/poe and reboot. Once it came back up, I did a factory reset again.
Video attached showing behavior. Notice flashing BLF and flashing page button at top of display.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao1EPsRm60GKgrdu04qeBHp3qL89hg
In the Switchboard, it showed GREY.
In the Phone tab - it appears to not be there.

(Just had another one this afternoon)

Last edited:
How lazy, not even a branded logo on the screen?????? And now you tell me that I may have a completely wrecked next week coming my way? I just updated some yesterday as I had other issues and I was not using the latest approved firmware and had earlier custom templates. Thanks Craig!:eek:

Hey Larry
I change my logo on the server...
I do have a few folks on a custom template with a multicast listener where they can not hear the overhead speakers.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaB
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.