GS3 one way audio externally over tunnel

Discussion in 'Android' started by go1, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go1

go1

Given that the whole point behind the 3cx tunnel is to make one way audio and NAT issues cease to exist, I at a loss to understand why I can hear people but they cannot hear me when I use the tunnel on 3G or WiFi external connections.
    Even more odd, If I go hunting around and locate the V2 andriod client, everything is fine, although call quality and latency is horrible.
    So, V10, V11, and V12 - all work great on an internal wifi connection, on GS1 standard, GS1 with DarkyRom, GS3 and GS3 mini.
    All of those versions and phones all have one way audio when used on any external connection, but all work both ways on the V2 Android client.
    The only NAT rule is TCP5090 to avoid getting hacked on 5060.
    The PBX has Stun disabled and the external IP entered.
    PBX delivers Audio option doesn't fix the trouble.

So what is different about V2 that makes it work when all the newer ones do not?
    Why would something build for the purpose of removing the issue be causing the issue?

Andrew

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Changing from port 5060 is no guarantee that you won't be hacked, as some have discovered. Hackers scan a range of ports.

Have you tried changing this back to the default to see if that makes any difference?

Given that it is happening on external calls, I'm assuming that it is an issue attempting to pass through your router.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Verify the PBX reports no RTP packets were received by a call with your GS3.

Else.. YELL into a test call.. perhaps to the loopback (*777).
    I found that the mic settings are quite wrong for 3CXPhone and the GS3. Monkeying with them got better.. but nothing concrete and I didn't care enough to persist (grunt the combinations..).

4. way

way

Are you also forwarding UDP 5090? The 3cx tunnel will need both to function properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.