Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

GSM cards for 3CX PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

We have in our office the last version of the 3CX pbx system and now we are thinking about integrating it with some kind of GSM Gateways or GSM Cards so we can redirect our out phone calls to mobile devices through this line in order to reduce the budget of our out mobile calls.

I have been checking out some GSM gateways but in my idea they are quite expensive (around 450 to 700€) and then we have seen that some times it is possible to ues CSM PCI Cards in the pc where the VoIP PBX system is installed.

Do you have any recomendation about a simple/non expensive GSM Gateway for two SIM Cards for example that works fine with 3CX and where the quality of the sound is still correct? Maybe a 3CX PCI Card?

Thanks a lot for your recomendations.

Cheers

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While there may be a "small" GSM PCI gateway available, it does not appear that any are officially supported by 3CX. http://www.3cx.com/blog/support This does not necessarily mean that it won't work, it just means you are unlikely to get support.

The gateway would first have to be supported by Windows, many of the PCI gateways are Linux only, keep that in mind.

Someone may have worked with a PCI GSM gateway, and have some advice, or you may have to settle for an Ethernet connected box. If you search the forum, a few have come up in the past.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Also look at the blog and use gsm gateway in the search box. There will be a couple of devices mentioned. I did not look specifically at the results, only that some hits came back and appeared to have some configuration info.

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Portech gsm gateway is supported by 3CX. You can buy various size boxes that support 1,2 4 or even more SIMS.

Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I am using the Portech MV-370, which is a 1 SIM card GSM Gateway and I am very pleased with it. It is working great.

The main advantage is that if your internet is down you can continue to make and receive calls. If you are calling with VoIP.

A big disadvantage is it price. GSM Gateways are expensive and not only the Portech.
    Another disadvantage is the subscription of a SIM card. This will give you an amount of “free” call minutes, but if you go over your limit ....

So, if you are looking for a cheap way to call mobile phones it is better to search for a provider with low mobile call rates.

Please visit my website for call rates. I hope you can read and understand Dutch. http://www.goccs.nl/3cx_voip/tarieven.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

We have used the Portech MV-372 (2 x SIM cards) gateway - and it's very easy to set up if you reference the 3CX guides ...

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/gsm-mobile-gateway/

As mentioned above though, you can get an awful lot of landline calls to mobiles - even at the outlandish rate they are tariff'd at! - for the cost of a MV-372.

best regards
    Graham Hill
    Foxhall Solutions

7. mixig

mixig Active Member

there are also 2n gsm gateways, 2n voice blue lite and new generation 2n voice blue next, they also working well with 3cx, 3cx and 2n both of them have manual how to configure gsm gw with 3cx, i think that for 2n there is no model with 1 SIM, only 2 and more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.