GSM Gateway with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by surfie, Jul 8, 2007.

1. surfie

Hello,

Someone experience with gsm-gateways.
    Found one with in an interesting price range.
    http://www.portech.com.tw/eweb/MV370/mv370.htm

Has someone running this piece with with the 3CX?

Daniel

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, but looks interesting.

We are planning to look into a GSM gateway (using an old mobile and some 3rd party software, same what you can do with astrix).

But that is planned for end of October, in the mean time we might have a look at this one perhaps. Have to see what the R&D budget allows and see if there is a market for here in Au.

3. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes 220 $ is cheap - there is also a 2 channel MV-372 for about 360$ avalible on the net

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

This is cool - I like this device -

Guys imagine if it were supporting 3G as well :shock: instead of 2G only.
    Say you are abroad and in a hotel room - you can hook it up with the wireless connection to the internet and connect to work PBX and receive work calls (free) whilst in a hotel room on your mobile...
    Cool.

5. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes or use 3cx with some cellphone flaterates for make calling cheaper for a couple of people that would never spend this for them alone :)

here in germany you need 3-4 networks to cover all so if you have 4 bussiness partners each one buy one cell phone flatrate and then they share them via 3cx and 2 of this 2 channel devices to have all calls into the mobil networks for less then 100$ monthly (round about depends on amortisation plan for the device and the PBX)

6. jrme1

I have several months using this device

I have several months using this device, and working really good.

I using this device for fowarding my calls when i'm outside the office, and for using voip calls on the road, and avoid long distance rates.

I have two MV-370, one Quadband and another triband. The quadband not working good, Portech recomend use triband is that is possible. The quadband have some problems with firmwares and the GSM networks.

Be carefully if you buy this device from ebay from an user called eugene or something like that, in two times i brought something at this user, the device not working, i suggest buy directly from portech, they offer a service really good.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you need a sim card or something like that?

How many GSM phones can it handle?

What is the range?

This might become very handy actually.

8. surfie

Hello,

jrme1 are you using it with the 3CX?

itfarmer, as i know they have one slot for the sim card.
    when you need more sim slots there are products like this:

http://www.2n.cz/products/gsm_gateways/voip_gsm_gateway/voiceblue_voip_gsm_gateway.html

but the want about 2.000 EUR for this gateway.

Take care before you start using gsm gateways, many mobile providers don't allow using gms gateways in their terms and conditions.
    They seem to be able to check this by the IMEI number, and block your sim immediently.

9. jrme1

MV 370

yes, i be using that with 3cx.

regars,

JOSE MARQUEZ

10. asfuture

asfuture New Member

good device

2N is a world wide company. we have only very goog experince with their products. Super

11. rnoguera

We have installed a portech MV-372. It works well with 3CX. Documentation is poor, web interface is poor, I think you cannot even make a backup of your settings. The enclosure is low quality.
    But you can make and receive calls. Call quality is good enough. It costed arround 300€.

Maybe 2N is better (I have not tryied), but it costs four times more.

12. itxitx

PORTech MV-370 VoIP GSM Gateway

This seems to be a cheap and interessing device. Others have integrated to asterix. Some got it from taiwan directly for €220 incl. shipping

Wonder ist anybody tried this device with 3cx.