GSM Gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shedster99, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shedster99

Hi,

I have a client with the free version of 3CX installed (it matches his current needs until his business grows) however he calls mobiles a LOT and I think a GSM gateway could offer him mid/long-term savings until Ofcom sort out UK mobile termination rates.

I do have a small issue though (as will he when I explain it), I don't want a mobile number being presented as the callerID when the GSM Gateway is used to call a client, I need my customer's main landline number being presented as that's the widely known number and is more likely to result in an answered call.

The callerID will not be changeable by him and will be fixed for security.

Am I asking for something that is either illegal or doesn't exist ?

TIA

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless the mobile provider (of the SIM your gateway is using), is willing to change the displayed number, and I doubt that they will, then, as with any mobile call, the SIM assigned number will be displayed. The only other option is to block the number completely.

A couple of other things...If you didn't want to block the outgoing number, and people did call back to the mobile number, you could forward/divert all calls to your main company number, or, record a message on the mobiles voicemail (make sure it is set to go to VM intermediately), such as "If you are calling ABC company, we can be reached at 0123456789, that's 0123456789, thank you, good bye". Then either leave a big gap of silence or record a busy signal so that they don't hear the "beep" and try to leave a message.

3. complea

To answer you shortly: What you are looking for is possible!

To answer you in details: It's propably not possible. It is from a technical point of view possible if the provider is willing to set it up. In Denmark where i opperate only the large former government ovned teleprovider TDC will do this and they are, no supprise, the most expensive provider in Denmark. But it is however possible. But all other providers, that leases their landlines from TDC mainly, will not do this since they have to buy this service from TDC. I don't know the tele provider market in your country but my guess is that you would have to have both your landline and your gsm solution hosted by one of the major players on the tele market in your country.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shedster99

Thanks for the replies, looks like a no-go :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.