Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

GSM via PSTN Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigharj, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigharj

I am new to 3CX and am evaluating my requirements.

I have a Telecom FM Dual SIM GSM Gatewaway, it is an old version designed to be used with analogue PBX's, it is used on a Norstar PBX at the moment.

Can I use an inexpensive VOIP PSTN Gateway as a bridge between the VOIP PBX and the Telecom FM Unit? The Telecom FM unit has 2 standard BT inputs, could I connect these to the RJ11 inputs of the PSTN Gateway and obviously the PSTN gateway to the LAN? I plan to use this for outgoing calls only.

Is the configuration of the VOIP PSTN Gateway on 3CX as easy one?

Kind Regards

Harj

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

In theory yes

I would use one of the supported PSTN gateways such as the Grandstreams to connect it to you Telecom unit. They are easy to configure from the console if you use the provisioning templates from the console for the supported gateway

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you were planning on using just a single line then something like the Linksys SPA3102 would work for you(FXO port), unless you had plans to add more PSTN trunks in the future. The only thing I would be concerned about is what sort of disconnect signal (if any) is sent back to the analogue device. If there is a momentary disconnect (CPC) then great, if a mobile that was called, hangs up, then it would disconnect the trunk at the 3CX end if the call were placed on hold or "lost" in the system. Otherwise there are a number of disconnect settings that could be tweaked so that a trunk is not held up unintentionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.