Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Guidelines

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Nick Galea, Apr 5, 2016.

Guidelines 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Welcome to the ideas forum ! Please help us process idea requests by following these guidelines:

a. Check that the feature does not already exist in the latest version & service pack!
    b. Post your feature requests ideas separately, i.e. one by one.
    c. Check if there isn't already a similar feature request. If you make a duplicate your reduce the chance it (and the other one) getting up voted.
    d. Describe it properly including the business case / use

Because of the volume of feature requests that we receive we can only look at the top ones. We review at least the top 20 ideas on a regular basis. It doesn't mean we can implement them at all, or right away. Sometimes it doesn't fit within our architecture, product strategy or business plan. But we take the feedback on board in our development meetings. In all cases it takes time to design, plan, develop and test a feature, so expect it to take some time once its marked as "in progress".

To view the top voted ideas, click on the "Thread Display Options" tab shown at the bottom of the forum posts. Then select "Rating" and Set Options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nick Galea, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I hope it is allowed to reply to this guideline thread... If not, I apologize.

I have noticed that many good ideas got lost in this forum.
    I think that it would be valuable for 3CX to spend 5 Minutes a day to go thru all new requests, because many likes do not prove an idea to be good. Yes, it is much to read, but does 3CX really want to make the development depend on user votes? I have the feeling that getting votes for ideas is completely random.

Jases Brown, nitrox, beiren and 3 others like this.
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We don't develop based on votes. We develop based on our knowledge of the market and experience in software development.

We review and respond to ideas based on the number of votes. And yes we think its an excellent way of interacting with the community.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    nitrox and viraltechnology like this.
  4. Sergio Fernandez

Hi

I think the ideas forum would benefit from a mandatory field of version number. eg
    Version 15.5sp5
    or possibly a recommendation that all ideas would quote to full version number
    eg
    Version 15.5sp5

starr likes this.
  5. Mark Perrin

Hi Nick,
    Is there some way that you guys could comment on each idea that it has at least been seen by 3CX staff? Just checking top 20 could miss a lot of good feature requests.
    I could add 20 just off the top of my head being new to 3CX from Asterisk and finding things lacking or strange :)
    Cheers and great product with potential to be awesome ...

3CXusername and craigreilly like this.