• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

GWX4024 config problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stxadmin

Reaction score
I have some Grandstream GWX-4024s. Program-- 1.0.3.10 Bootloader-- 1.0.0.9 Core-- 1.0.3.6 Base-- 1.0.3.8 I am able to configure them manually, but would like to rather have them get the configs from my server automatically. On the 3cx site I only find instuctions on how to configure these manually, but since 3cx has a wizard to make the config files for it and you cen set a condig server path, this should work right?

I set the config server path in the GWX4024 to namofmyserver/management/provisioning/ which is where I have saved the 3CX generated config file to. Yet, I cant get the config of the gwx4024 to update.

Anyone who can get this to work and could tell me how to make this happen.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi, please follow the instructions at http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/Grandstream-GXW4024.html

If you continue to experience any issues please let us know.

Ah, I don't think you read my question. The link you posted just leads to instructions on how to configure the GWX4024 manually. I can do that but I don't want to do that.

3CX has a wizard which allows you to create te config file from 3cx. Then you are supposed t be able to save that file to your IIS server and plug in that location on the grandstream in the config path field. Then the gradstream is supposed to get that file. But it doesn't happen.

Sometimes the grandstreams like the port number( :80 )in there for iis.

It also depends if the firmware will allow it to know to search for its mac address.

Have you checked the file is in the correct place and has the correct naming format? Can you browse to it from another pc on the lan via a browser to make sure you dont get any unusual 5xx or other errors.

Thank you for replying. I do have the path in the format ipaddresofmyserver:80/management/provisioning and I can browse to the file in this location. I think I am coming to my wits end with this... Does anyone have it working?

What is wrong with the provisioning file in 3cx? you dont say why you cant use the one for the GWX2404.

The problem is that I have a lot of these boxes and a lot of extensions (this is for a large property) . If I use the Grandstream webinterface I have to provision the boxes the only option is to manually type in the extensions and passwords. I will most certainly make some human errors (typos). The wizards i 3cx allows me to select the extensions which eliminates the possibility of typos. And of course it is a lot faster as well.

stxadmin said:
The problem is that I have a lot of these boxes and a lot of extensions (this is for a large property) . If I use the Grandstream webinterface I have to provision the boxes the only option is to manually type in the extensions and passwords. I will most certainly make some human errors (typos). The wizards i 3cx allows me to select the extensions which eliminates the possibility of typos. And of course it is a lot faster as well.

That's why I asked. Why do you not use the built in template that 3cx provides for this? It is all managed by the console then. You keep saying you want to create a custom one and I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the one they supply?

but... that is what I am saying: I WANT to use the 3cx template (wizard). But when I use it, create a file and upload it to the server it will not get populated to the GXW4024.

stxadmin said:
but... that is what I am saying: I WANT to use the 3cx template (wizard). But when I use it, create a file and upload it to the server it will not get populated to the GXW4024.

I am a bit confused here.

You say you are using a wizard, creating a file and uploading it to the server. How? Manually?

3CX has a provisioning mechanism and a provisioning template for the 4024. All you do to use it is go to the Add PSTN Gateway, choose the 4024, then put in the MAC address of your 4024 and then configure it and press OK. It automatically creates a file name based on the mac address for your 4204 then (at http://pbxaddress:webserverport/provisioning

Then you need to tell your 4204 where this file is either by putting the address in the 4204 provisioning or using DCHP Option 66 (if you can and if it works with your firmware). The grandstream will then go and get the file and configure itself. You do not need to be uploading anything anywhere.

OK, just to keep it very simple here and this should help on many provisioning issues:

TURN ON IIS logging
If in doubt, and not knowing if your option 66 works well, hard code the provisioning location (select HTTP in your case and for iis please use in the config location NOT FIRMAWARE LOCATION XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/management/provisioning)
Allow the GXW to try and get the file
Open the log and SEE what file it asked for
Make sure your provisioning file is names according to what it requests

Simple issue, simple solution - IIS makes it easy with the logs ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.