• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

GXP-2000EXT setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlebeau

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of evaluating 3CX for my company's use (30 phones, 8 PSTN lines with the plans to go VOIP in the future). I am testing it with Grandstream GXP-2000 phones and a GXW-4108 gateway. One thing that would be of great use would be to add an extension module to the receptionist phone to take advantage of the Busy Lamp indicators for every extension. Is this currently supported on the 3CX system? I haven't found any mention of it in the docs or on the forums.

Also, I've seen it mentioned on here a few times, but any word on when the MWI will be supported? That would be another feature to get the boss to pull the trigger and sign the order to get the paid version of the system.

Thanks for any info you can share.

First, you can see busy extensions from web interface (Line status page)
Second, we have Call Assistant which also can help to receptionist.

MWI support is ready and will be available on the next release, I believe.

But if you want some hardware extension module to be supported - at least we should know how it works in SIP terminology. After that we can consider adding support for it. So, let us know if you have some specific one in your plans.

archie said:
MWI support is ready and will be available on the next release, I believe.

But if you want some hardware extension module to be supported - at least we should know how it works in SIP terminology. After that we can consider adding support for it. So, let us know if you have some specific one in your plans.

Is there a timeframe on the next release?

And for the extension module, as I said, the Grandstream GXP-2000EXT extension module (http://grandstream.com/gxp2000ext.html) is what I am looking at.

Ok, thank you for the link. We'll try to investigate this question.
About timeframe: sorry, I'm not authorized to make any official declarations on this matter. I can only assure you that we're making all efforts to release it as soon as possible.

archie said:
Ok, thank you for the link. We'll try to investigate this question.
About timeframe: sorry, I'm not authorized to make any official declarations on this matter. I can only assure you that we're making all efforts to release it as soon as possible.

Just checking to see if there is any update on how the extension module and busy lamp feature may work with 3CX yet?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.